Toyota GR Corolla Forum - Release Date, Specs, Pricing Discussion banner
41 - 58 of 58 Posts

· Registered
‘21 Tundra - Cavalry Blue
524 Posts
Any recs for PPF in the area? I'll be doing paint correction and ceramic coating myself this upcoming weekend.
John Scott solar down in Arlington is the man.
tell him someone from either the DFW Tundra crew or NTX Tundra Club sent ya and he should hook you up on price a bit.

· Registered
329 Posts
Just double checking that you're not going to do a ceramic coating before getting PPF right? Ceramic coating should be installed on top of PPF, not the other way around
Thanks for looking out bruv!

So I shopped around, and cheapest I'm finding is about 2 stacks. I'm looking to get a circuit hood once they are available. Wife isn't down with spending that much for PPF (we found a guy that does amazing repaints for 500 a panel). So no PPF for me, just gonna ceramic coat. Maybe the new circuit hood once I get it.

What roads do you hit? I'm dying to find somewhere in the area with fun roads!
I'm interested too! I've heard that the fun roads are the FM roads up near McKinney. I'm at ~330 miles this morning, so I'm hoping to blow through the break in period by the end of the weekend to start hitting some roads.

· Registered
2017 Lexus IS350, 2007 Toyota Camry, 1995 Toyota MR2, 1996 Honda Acty
746 Posts
Thanks for looking out bruv!

So I shopped around, and cheapest I'm finding is about 2 stacks. I'm looking to get a circuit hood once they are available. Wife isn't down with spending that much for PPF (we found a guy that does amazing repaints for 500 a panel). So no PPF for me, just gonna ceramic coat. Maybe the new circuit hood once I get it.

I'm interested too! I've heard that the fun roads are the FM roads up near McKinney. I'm at ~330 miles this morning, so I'm hoping to blow through the break in period by the end of the weekend to start hitting some roads.
I will be one to tell you that PPF is 100% worth it. At minimum the front bumper. I have it on two cars, and it has saved my paint countless times. It's self healing, won't chip, cleans easy, and isn't easily visible.

I think it has prevented me from repainting the bumpers on my cars multiple times over. Even took a truck tire. Here's the cars I put it on. I paid about $1,000 to PPF the front bumper and lip for each car.

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Grille

Tire Vehicle Car Wheel Automotive lighting

· Registered
329 Posts
I will be one to tell you that PPF is 100% worth it. At minimum the front bumper. I have it on two cars, and it has saved my paint countless times. It's self healing, won't chip, cleans easy, and isn't easily visible.

I think it has prevented me from repainting the bumpers on my cars multiple times over. Even took a truck tire. Here's the cars I put it on. I paid about $1,000 to PPF the front bumper and lip for each car.

View attachment 6894
View attachment 6893
Damn bruv, looks clean AF. Where you going to get that done for 1 grand? That sounds reasonable and about what I'm looking for.

· Registered
2017 Lexus IS350, 2007 Toyota Camry, 1995 Toyota MR2, 1996 Honda Acty
746 Posts

· Registered
329 Posts
I'm in Houston, so it's not close to you. But I get mine done here:

Couture Auto Wraps and Wheels
(832) 855-3141
You encouraged me to look around some more. Found a place nearby that can do front bumper, mirrors, partial hood and partial fenders for 1150. Think I'll roll for that! Those are the highest impact spots anyway!

· Registered
74 Posts
Nearing the end of my break in period!! Just wondering where some others are taking their cars for maintenance/fluid changes? Dealerships? Shops?
DIY. It’s super easy to do the oil. Other fluids, tbh you can likely manage too, just need to know which side is drain and fill side. A lot of the factory manual will tell you how the procedure is.

· Registered
329 Posts
DIY. It’s super easy to do the oil. Other fluids, tbh you can likely manage too, just need to know which side is drain and fill side. A lot of the factory manual will tell you how the procedure is.
I would love to! Unfortunately not able to do it. I've gotten in trouble before for doing an oil change on my 4runner in the lot.

41 - 58 of 58 Posts