Toyota GR Corolla Forum - Release Date, Specs, Pricing Discussion banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Super Moderator
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy friends!

Figured I'd go ahead and make a thread for North Texas GRC (future) owners and enthusiasts.

I'm in North Dallas suburbs, so I'm in the same boat as many of you guys with dealers not taking reservations/deposits, but I am apparently #1 at a few dealerships, so that's something at least. No idea who will charge ADM and who won't, but I am the type of person who refuses to pay ADM, so I imagine a few of these spots will open up when the dealers give me the bad news. According to the internet, Toyota of Arlington and Toyota of Denton don't charge markup, but I only trust a stealership as far as I can throw 'em, so we'll see how that pans out.

Hopefully we have a decent GRC community in Texas, there are plenty of enthusiasts here!

·
Registered
'88 JZXA70; '16 86; '20 J29
44 Posts
Same. North Dallas suburbs. Real close to Grandscape/Legacy West.

Thinking if there's enough interest, maybe we can set up a DFW meetup once people start getting their cars.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Sup Guff!

I mostly seen ya on ft86club (maybe in the Facebook groups as well). DFW as well, Irving area. I'm on contact list for a few dealers, still deciding if I want to put a deposit with Rockwall. But yea otherwise I'm hoping to get in a GRC. I'm always reverting to a twin by default over the years so maybe this breaks the streak or I'll order a 22 BRZ.

·
Super Moderator
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ammar, I thought you were in Chicago or did you move back?
Moved back a couple months ago. I'm done with the winter lmao

Howdy! In the HEB area. I also am supposedly #1 on 6 local lists, and #2 for Denton. We will see lol.
Hope we all end up with one.
I hope #1 at Denton is me haha! I hope we all get one too!

Sup Guff!

I mostly seen ya on ft86club (maybe in the Facebook groups as well). DFW as well, Irving area. I'm on contact list for a few dealers, still deciding if I want to put a deposit with Rockwall. But yea otherwise I'm hoping to get in a GRC. I'm always reverting to a twin by default over the years so maybe this breaks the streak or I'll order a 22 BRZ.
Twin is always a great place to end up. I'll prob get a used GR86 once the market cools off

·
Super Moderator
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
:ROFLMAO: I bet. You guys were freezing working in the garage.

I'm finally happy at what Toyota brought to the table with the GRC. It has been a long time since 2007 of rants and disappointments with the other Toyota vehicles.
I'm glad! We can't all keep driving around these old MKIVs :LOL: :LOL:

·
Registered
78 Posts
I'm pretty much downtown Dallas. #1 at Rockwall with a deposit down. Trying to hold out for a circuit edition, but we'll see. I've been eyeing the GRC for sure long, but I'm fine with waiting for longer to get the one I (really my wife) want lol. Hope we can ride all shiny and chrome! Maybe we can hit the Twisted Sisters one day?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts