Toyota GR Corolla Forum - Release Date, Specs, Pricing Discussion banner
61 - 67 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Anyone else cross shopping these two? I currently own a Miata and have a 350z in the family. I thought the z was a bit...porky compared to the miata. I don't care if the car I have is practical or not. I just want something fun. We already have a sedan so I don't necessarily need a 4-door. I also plan on keeping the Miata for a few more years, but I can just hand it off to a family member for a bit if I end up getting the Z. I like the idea that the GRC is unique and has AWD. I also like that the Z is very tune-able and has a solid double wishbone suspension. It's really hard for me to decide between these two, but I'm leaning towards the GRC because AWD and I like Toyota lol. I really do like the design of both and will be planning on dailying whatever I get. I have no need for more space, but I do like both hot hatches and 2 seater sports cars. Any pros/cons I'm missing? (I am also considering the Supra 3.0).

·
Registered
113 Posts
Anyone else cross shopping these two? I currently own a Miata and have a 350z in the family. I thought the z was a bit...porky compared to the miata. I don't care if the car I have is practical or not. I just want something fun. We already have a sedan so I don't necessarily need a 4-door. I also plan on keeping the Miata for a few more years, but I can just hand it off to a family member for a bit if I end up getting the Z. I like the idea that the GRC is unique and has AWD. I also like that the Z is very tune-able and has a solid double wishbone suspension. It's really hard for me to decide between these two, but I'm leaning towards the GRC because AWD and I like Toyota lol. I really do like the design of both and will be planning on dailying whatever I get. I have no need for more space, but I do like both hot hatches and 2 seater sports cars. Any pros/cons I'm missing? (I am also considering the Supra 3.0).
The Nissan Z seems like it drives like a boat. Tested (Twice): 2023 Nissan Z Performance Doesn't Reach Far Enough

This is the first Z review that I saw that isn't full of glossy words, probably because it's reviewed by an automotive engineer that has a lot of experience racing in SCCA, he also used to work with Toyota and Hyundai on suspension tuning.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Resale value, if that's important to you. Any Toyota product will hold it's value when compared to any Nissan (or other car manufacturer more specifically). I mean before the crazy used car market took off prior to Covid, the Q50/60 had terrible resale value, and that's the most comparable model to the new Z.

·
Registered
24 Posts
The Nissan Z seems like it drives like a boat. Tested (Twice): 2023 Nissan Z Performance Doesn't Reach Far Enough

This is the first Z review that I saw that isn't full of glossy words, probably because it's reviewed by an automotive engineer that has a lot of experience racing in SCCA, he also used to work with Toyota and Hyundai on suspension tuning.
Nice! That helps. Thank you. I would say that was my biggest complaint about the 350Z (but it wouldn't compare anyway to a Miata in that regard). I drove both side by side and it definitely drove like a boat compared to my NB. I definitely did not care too much about the power, but the handling matters a lot to me. The other car I was thinking about was a 997 Porsche lol.

·
Super Moderator
1,653 Posts
Nice! That helps. Thank you. I would say that was my biggest complaint about the 350Z (but it wouldn't compare anyway to a Miata in that regard). I drove both side by side and it definitely drove like a boat compared to my NB. I definitely did not care too much about the power, but the handling matters a lot to me. The other car I was thinking about was a 997 Porsche lol.
Well, that’s not even fair. 😂

·
Super Moderator
1,653 Posts
Maybe...but from a price point, they're all around the same 🤔
I’m talking about the driving experience. If you’re benchmarking experiences the Porsche will beat the GRC. As I love the car it’s not AS unique as some think. The formula is similar to the STI. Porsche is something pretty awesome.

The cars you’re considering are all exceptional though. Would be a awesome problem to have 😂

61 - 67 of 67 Posts