Toyota GR Corolla Forum - Release Date, Specs, Pricing Discussion banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super Moderator
105 Posts
Oh so they’re soft?! 😂 jk

You think it’ll be a good car?
Yeah, they'll have to be really dumb to screw it up at this point. The 370z wasn't great, but with chassis improvements, suspension geometry tweaks, a good steering rack, and a powerful motor, it'll be hard to beat for 40-50k.

I think the Supra will be a better performing car still, but Z will be better bang for buck. And that's all it really needs to be.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah, they'll have to be really dumb to screw it up at this point. The 370z wasn't great, but with chassis improvements, suspension geometry tweaks, a good steering rack, and a powerful motor, it'll be hard to beat for 40-50k.

I think the Supra will be a better performing car still, but Z will be better bang for buck. And that's all it really needs to be.
I agree plus the fact that working on and upgrading a I6 is much easier and cheaper than a TT V6. Looks like Nissan didn't learn their lesson from the TT Z32, great car but once you started seriously upgrading it, such a PITA to work on. If they reallt wanted to go "retro" with the new Z, should have stuffed a straight 6 into it just **** the first generation. But I know Nissan is basically bankrupt and really cant afford the R&D behind a new engine design, do it makes sense from a financial point. One thing they did get right is that 6 speed is stout AF... I hope the new manual in the supra is just as or even a router than the CD009 in the new Z.

·
Registered
15 Posts

If the Japanese prices that were revealed are any indication. The Z will be very marginally cheaper than the Supra. Then once you consider its downsides: old chassis (250 lbs heavier than Supra), Nissan/Renault parts bin interior, less sophisticated differential, and less modding potential. It's kind of a bad value.

Nissan will most likely be forced to reduce the US prices in order to stay competitive.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts