Toyota GR Corolla Forum - Release Date, Specs, Pricing Discussion banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2020 X3M Competition
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lifelong car enthusiast I put down $1k on one of these in November. It will be my first Toyota since my old 1993 MR2 Turbo as I have been all over the map with cars as I went through my 90's Honda days (Civic SI, del Sol VTEC), DSM days (Talon TSI AWD, Eclipse GSX), owned plenty of compact performance vehicles such as SRT-4, Focus ST, EVO X, STI, Golf R as well as cars like Mustang GT's, BMW M2's etc. I was thinking about getting a Civic Type R but I think with AWD the GR Corolla could be a more special car for North Americans. I look forward to Toyota introducing the model and filling us in on what we can expect.

·
Super Moderator
439 Posts
Welcome to the club. I was gonna say something about down payments but I will refrain. Welcome again. Also I believe your name is on Toyota Nation
Well now I'm curious, cause I have an opportunity to put down to be first in line at the biggest dealership in the state.

And welcome, OP! I'm a native Wisconsin kid, which is almost Canada.

·
468 Posts
Well now I'm curious, cause I have an opportunity to put down to be first in line at the biggest dealership in the state.

And welcome, OP! I'm a native Wisconsin kid, which is almost Canada.
Between this site and Toyota Nation I think we have herd everyone is the first in line in their state or province. The only thing I can say is that I am from the smallest province and I would love to think I am first at my dealer but with shortages and what not we dont know who will get one. My province may not even see one.

·
Super Moderator
439 Posts
Between this site and Toyota Nation I think we have herd everyone is the first in line in their state or province. The only thing I can say is that I am from the smallest province and I would love to think I am first at my dealer but with shortages and what not we dont know who will get one. My province may not even see one.
That's probably true and the dealer could very well just be telling me no one else is in line. That said, this is one of the rare dealerships I would actually trust (I used to do their IT. Believe me, you get to know people when you do their IT.).

If the car is going to be limited production like the Yaris was, then it would be well worth getting in line.

·
Registered
2020 X3M Competition
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I don't wanna hijack Heavy D introduction. Go over to the dealer wait list thread and we can continue.
Doesn't bother me. This isn't the first car I have ordered and while there's no guarantees in life, putting a deposit down to get in line affords better odds of getting one compared to waiting. I don't think Toyota is going to build a lot of these and it's going to be like the Civic Type R where there's little in the way of dealer inventory. I feel for American buyers who are surely going to be hit by ADM fees.

·
468 Posts
I guess I am just from such a small place that there isnt anyone else in line for it. Just hope my dealer can get me one. That being said we had a few Tundras before a lot of other places that I read.

·
Super Moderator
439 Posts
Doesn't bother me. This isn't the first car I have ordered and while there's no guarantees in life, putting a deposit down to get in line affords better odds of getting one compared to waiting. I don't think Toyota is going to build a lot of these and it's going to be like the Civic Type R where there's little in the way of dealer inventory. I feel for American buyers who are surely going to be hit by ADM fees.
Yeah. The lack of availability is my concern as well. Though, that leads to my second concern, which is dealer markups. No matter how much I trust the dealership I'm working with more than most others, all dealers are capable of markups. I want this care, don't get me wrong, but I'm not paying an extra $5,000 to get it.

·
Super Moderator
439 Posts
I hope everyone on here gets one for a reasonable price. As it is going to be a very expensive corolla
I bought a Focus ST, would've bought an RS if I'd known the raise I got was incoming. I'm used to buying over priced trim levels of economy cars. Lol.

·
Registered
2020 X3M Competition
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yeah. The lack of availability is my concern as well. Though, that leads to my second concern, which is dealer markups. No matter how much I trust the dealership I'm working with more than most others, all dealers are capable of markups. I want this care, don't get me wrong, but I'm not paying an extra $5,000 to get it.
Yeah if faced with paying over MSRP I would just move on to another vehicle. I have a 240V outlet in my garage that's been tempting me for a while to get a Model 3 Performance.

·
Super Moderator
439 Posts
Yeah if faced with paying over MSRP I would just move on to another vehicle. I have a 240V outlet in my garage that's been tempting me for a while to get a Model 3 Performance.
Old coworker of mine just went from a 2000s Golf R to a Model 3P and is absolutely in love. I know this is a Corolla fan forum, but you absolutely can't go wrong with a Model 3 Performance. I'm still waiting on my chance to drive his.
Personally, I'm not ready to trust an electric car as my only vehicle. They've not yet stood the test of time. For all we know, Tesla won't be making cars in 5 years. I would not be at all surprised to see them transition from making cars to making powertrains for other manufacturer's cars. Their QC is garbage, their interiors are mediocre and the actual 'car' bits tend to be lackluster, but they sure as hell know how to make a good motor and battery, and get power from that to the wheels.

I'm also not ready to give up my shifti boi and 3 pedals. So there's that.

Reactions: heavyD
1 - 15 of 15 Posts