Toyota GR Corolla Forum - Release Date, Specs, Pricing Discussion banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17' 124 Spider Abarth | 06' RSX Type-S
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone! I’ve been eagerly waiting for more news on the GR Corolla and peaking through the forums almost daily for a while…finally decided to officially join 😁

My girlfriend works at Toyota and it’s funny that nobody at her dealership knew about the GR Corolla lol besides her since I told her. I told her the second you hear anything about it lock down that first spot for us!

I currently have 2 Fiat 124 Spider Abarths and just got an 06' RSX Type-S a few months ago. For anyone not familiar with the 124 Spider, it’s built in Japan side by side with the ND Miata. Just different engine and styling. I have 1 with a larger turbo, and a 2nd in route now which I’ll be doing a K24 swap and turbo. I started a YouTube last year, if anyone is interested you can Subscribe to keep up on the builds and just car related content in general: https://www.youtube.com/c/DrivenDistrict

I really want to get back into an AWD Turbo as I loved Evo’s and had both the IX and X a while back. If I end up getting the GR Corolla I’ll be creating lots of content around it, sourcing/creating parts, and more.

Just a little introduction of myself. Excited to chat with all of you through out the forum, and of course if I hear anything legitimate through the Toyota dealership that my girlfriend works at I’ll be sure to relay it here!

Few pics below of my 124 Spider Abarth and my "recently new to me" RSX Type-S, you can follow my Instagram for more: Driven District Instagram

Wheel Tire Car Automotive parking light Vehicle

·
Registered
17' 124 Spider Abarth | 06' RSX Type-S
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome to the forum! Really interested to see the engine swap on the 124. I'll keep up with that for sure
Thank you! 🙌

The second 124 Spider is in route to me now as I type this. Working with a local shop to make this happen but won't be easy, since they make K Swap kits for the NA & NB Miata but the 124 is based off the ND with an NC transmission and no swap kits for those generations lol So we're gonna put our own kit together.

Goal for now is around 400whp with a turbo on the stock K24, which in a car that only weights 2,400lbs is gonna be pretty quick compared to most heavier cars. I had an S2000 a while back and always regretted selling it...in a way i'm building my own take on a modern day S2000 😁Should be fun! And at the same time a headache lol

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.