Toyota GR Corolla Forum - Release Date, Specs, Pricing Discussion banner
21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Had some time today to swap in some OEM Evo 5 aluminum front LCA's which were much lighter than the Evo 4 steel ones that were originally on the car. Also threw on the old wheel and tire setup (square set of 18x10 old school 2 piece Volk Racing SF-challenges with 285/30/18 tires). The rear needs to be lowered more, which I will address later this week.
Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Starting to piece back the exterior to what the car looked like before the full color change.
These pieces are new, and add some more "spice" to the exterior. Carbon hood wind deflector and carbon hood duct/vent.
And before you ask, yes this is a show car. My track car build is my 2 door Suby, and my weekend warrior will be the GRC.
Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light Vehicle Car Grille

·
Banned
452 Posts
I really like the look of raw carbon fiber, and for the life of me I can't understand why those people with Deep Pockets who buy the supercars and hypercars by them with the carbon fiber bodies painted over, kind of a waste in my book.
Give me raw cf any day.
Even my mountain bike is raw cf, no paint.
Tire Bicycle frame Crankset Wheel Bicycle tire

Vehicle Car Hood Automotive lighting Automotive design

·
Super Moderator
2011 FJ TT, 2001 IS300
2,123 Posts
I really like the look of raw carbon fiber, and for the life of me I can't understand why those people with Deep Pockets who buy the supercars and hypercars by them with the carbon fiber bodies painted over, kind of a waste in my book.
Give me raw cf any day.
Even my mountain bike is raw cf, no paint.
View attachment 4079
View attachment 4080
It's because hyper car companies charge INSANE money for bare carbon. Granted, if you already have that kind of cash, why not? Koenigsegg charged $500k for bare carbon skin on the Jesko

21 - 36 of 36 Posts