Toyota GR Corolla Forum - Release Date, Specs, Pricing Discussion banner
21 - 40 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
What's your view on Core vs Circuit? Here in Canada the price difference between a core with LSD and circuit is almost 10k, wondering if it's worth it or not...
The Circuit is, for all intents and purposes, an appearance package. Performance wise, a PP Core is exactly the same, and feels exactly the same. I would go with the loaded Core unless you're really sold on the baller-ness of the forged carbon.

·
Registered
2006 Corolla XRS
372 Posts
I'm normally the last person to be emotional about any brand or corporation but I was a little surprised to feel my heartstrings tugged a little watching your review! This really dove into the ethos of why I love these specific cars so much, and the attention to detail and fun history lesson was a welcome addition to the video.

Bravo, @Guff.

·
Registered
Evo X C63 507 Chevy SS all sold tired of buying rear tires and miss the Evo
8 Posts
Not sure if you know this, but what does the technology package add? From what I have read in the press release it sounds like it adds wireless charging, JBL’s, and stereo/phone controls on steering wheel. That sound right or is there more to it?

·
Registered
2004 Toyota Matrix XRS, 2003 Toyota Celica GT
46 Posts
By chance do you know what the clearance is like on it? Does it sit the same as the regular corolla hatch? I have a steep driveway and my Tesla M3 scrapes occasionally and I am considering having it flattened out a bit.
While ground clearance is part of the equation, the approach angle is the other half of it in my opinion. There's a driveway that I approach every once in awhile in town at an angle and even then the Matrix and Celica especially scrapes. Pain :( The 86 glided over it no problem. So peculiar.

·
Registered
91 Posts
While ground clearance is part of the equation, the approach angle is the other half of it in my opinion. There's a driveway that I approach every once in awhile in town at an angle and even then the Matrix and Celica especially scrapes. Pain :( The 86 glided over it no problem. So peculiar.
Definitely yup. My Tesla M3 only will scrape my driveway if I send it a little too much, but my buddies Supra will scrape no matter the angle. Even my old subaru crosstrek would scrape the from bumper occasionally if I wasn't careful. The driveway is just steep at the wrong area

·
Super Moderator
725 Posts

·
Super Moderator
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Guff, any idea what the turning radius is?
Font Parallel Number Pattern

Looks like 5.5m. No idea how that compares!

I'm normally the last person to be emotional about any brand or corporation but I was a little surprised to feel my heartstrings tugged a little watching your review! This really dove into the ethos of why I love these specific cars so much, and the attention to detail and fun history lesson was a welcome addition to the video.

Bravo, @Guff.
Thank you so much!!

Not sure if you know this, but what does the technology package add? From what I have read in the press release it sounds like it adds wireless charging, JBL’s, and stereo/phone controls on steering wheel. That sound right or is there more to it?
Font Number Screenshot Parallel Document

·
Super Moderator
725 Posts
View attachment 3651

Looks like 5.5m. No idea how that compares!

Thank you so much!!

View attachment 3652
@Roalco @ccrook06 The FL FoST/RS has an 18.7' turn radius. 5.5m is 16.5'. Looks like we get an extra 2.2ft off our turn radius. That said, I've read that the PFL FoST is worse than the FL, so if you have a 2013-2014, it might be even better. I can't find exact numbers for the PFLs.

Thanks Guff!

·
Super Moderator
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Oooh, another question @Guff, how's the tech on the GRC? Newer Hondas display Google Maps in the dash, so it would be cool to see that in the GRC, especially since the dash is entirely digital now.
So, the gauge cluster is just gauges. It doesn't appear to display anything other than driving info on there, no maps or anything like that.

The infotainment system is Toyota's new Toyota Multimedia System that is going into all of their cars. Which is basically just a simple gateway to getting into Android Auto/Apple CarPlay lmao. It works well, nothing special though.

·
Registered
87 Posts
@Guff, Do any of these GRCs have a spare tire?

Also what's the difference between the brakes on a Core and a Circuit Edition? It's my understanding that the only difference is the Core's calipers aren't painted red (all the important hardware is identical) however the way the Performance Package is worded confuses me (and it seems like it's just parroted by all reviewers).

·
Super Moderator
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
@Guff, Do any of these GRCs have a spare tire?

Also what's the difference between the brakes on a Core and a Circuit Edition? It's my understanding that the only difference is the Core's calipers aren't painted red (all the important hardware is identical) however the way the Performance Package is worded confuses me (and it seems like it's just parroted by all reviewers).
No spare tire, just the usual inflator kit. Battery is mounted in the trunk so there's no room for a spare.

And yes the only difference in the brakes with the PP is painting the calipers. They are the same Advics 4/2 piston setups on all cars.

21 - 40 of 68 Posts