Toyota GR Corolla Forum - Release Date, Specs, Pricing Discussion banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here’s the part number and what the shift knob looks like. It may be a port installed part since I received one at work. So I guess that’s at least one of the 10 Morizo coming to canada will be a British Columbia allocation.

Attachments

· Registered
2023 Toyota GR Corolla Core
56 Posts
I think I need to go to my local dealer and see if I can get a shift knob faster than the dealer I bought my car from that claims to have one on a rush order for me and still no updates. I think I'll try that and just send them the bill. Sick of this crappy autozone garbage

· Registered
7 Posts
I think I need to go to my local dealer and see if I can get a shift knob faster than the dealer I bought my car from that claims to have one on a rush order for me and still no updates. I think I'll try that and just send them the bill. Sick of this crappy autozone garbage
To be fair I believe they are all cross shipped or backordered. it took me about a week and a half to get mine. Hopefully yours shows up sooner than later! When did you order yours?

· Registered
7 Posts
They said they ordered it over 2 weeks ago
Hmm...that is odd. I would call them up and ask if they have any tracking info on it. I know when I was in parts, in some cases I was able to locate where the part was or when it shipped and in some cases, a tracking number. But if they give you the run around I would get my money back and do as you were thinking when you said you were going to check another dealer...Sorry its taking so long..

· Registered
2023 Toyota GR Corolla Core
56 Posts
Hmm...that is odd. I would call them up and ask if they have any tracking info on it. I know when I was in parts, in some cases I was able to locate where the part was or when it shipped and in some cases, a tracking number. But if they give you the run around I would get my money back and do as you were thinking when you said you were going to check another dealer...Sorry its taking so long..
No money to get back because they are paying for it as my car was delivered with no shift knob. Dealers suck, which is sad considering I work at a dealer, non toyota though

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
There’s not that much stock as parts are still arriving from Japan. In North America a lot of the parts that are in heavy rotation can be ordered and delivered to the parts distribution centres in about 4 days and then it takes about a day for it to process through the PDC, afterwards it takes a day or two to get to the dealership. Items made in Japan that need to be shipped to North America will add to those lead times. So 2 to 3 weeks will be a pretty close estimate. The dealer saying that there’s a “rush” on the part doesn’t mean anything because it’s out of their control. They can’t tell the PDC to rush a part that they don’t have in stock.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts