Toyota GR Corolla Forum - Release Date, Specs, Pricing Discussion banner
41 - 60 of 113 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
If you were lucky enough to be offered an allocation for the Morizo Edition, how many of you would buy it?
Since I'm not a track junkie, I personally would pass on the Morizo Edition.
Not a fan of the Alcantara steering wheel, the short lifespan of the Michelin cup2 tires, I would like back seats, I would like a rear wiper, and would not be willing to part with $67,800 CDN after taxes of my hard earned $$$.
What about You?????

·
Registered
'13 FR-S, '09 Yaris 5 Dr, '88 Celica All-Trac, '87 FX16, '83 FJ40, '69 Datsun 510, Suzuki XL-7
615 Posts
In a heartbeat. Also not a fan of fuzz covered controls, buteverything else pretty much what i want. I might get another set of wheels and rear wiper back in tho.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Before they announced the price I told the dealer I would take it, especially if I couldn’t get the CE.

I do not like Matte paint, nor Pearl though. Rear seat I don’t care about, at all. Will never use it. This car will be used 100% for cornering, canyons and track, that’s it. I’ve got other vehicles for day to day. Don’t like Alcantara steering wheel either as I will just tear it up, quick. Got friends with GT350’s and it deteriorates quick if you use the vehicle as intended. And the rear wiper is something I use often. Outstanding for visibility in the corners or at a track day if someone is coming up on you or even just commuting or something. I’ve owned hatches for years and it’s an extremely useful “safety” feature to me, for visibility. And I like the rear speakers for sound stage.

So back seat, don’t care. Paint, I could settle for the Matte Grey. I could also settle for no rear wiper but that stings. It’s one of my favorite things about a hatch. Rear speaker delete sucks but I can fix that myself aftermarket. Rear windows don’t care. I was willing to settle for a Morizo because this is 100% a performance car for me. But not at 50k. No thanks and zero interest anymore.

·
Super Moderator
2011 FJ TT, 2001 IS300
1,988 Posts
If I can get at MSRP, it's what I want. Like @Taroroot , I'll get another set, or 2, of wheels and tires (have to here in the NE), and probably put the rear wiper back on if I really want.

·
Registered
60 Posts
If you were lucky enough to be offered an allocation for the Morizo Edition, how many of you would buy it?
Since I'm not a track junkie, I personally would pass on the Morizo Edition.
Not a fan of the Alcantara steering wheel, the short lifespan of the Michelin cup2 tires, I would like back seats, I would like a rear wiper, and would not be willing to part with $67,800 CDN after taxes of my hard earned $$$.
What about You?????
I personally think paying $68,000 for this edition in Canada is crazy. if you need a track car buy a used Porsche for a little more and be done with it. Four doors with no rear seats? Also, Couldn’t you take a Core and turn it into most of what the Morizo offers? I only like the forged wheels and the bit more power it comes with. Anyway it’s fruitless to talk about because Canada will be allocated so few Morizo’s

·
Registered
'13 FR-S, '09 Yaris 5 Dr, '88 Celica All-Trac, '87 FX16, '83 FJ40, '69 Datsun 510, Suzuki XL-7
615 Posts
I think all 3 editions are overpriced and may pass. But If a morizo gets offered to me I'm buying it. I'll get one of those plastic car bubbles and it will only see 500 miles a year.
Man, if i can ever get one, ill drive the snot out of it! Its worth it to me for the extra chassis work and the transmission, and ecu tuning. Other than most everything else can be fairly easily afterwards. Im not willing to pay a big adm tho.

41 - 60 of 113 Posts