Toyota GR Corolla Forum - Release Date, Specs, Pricing Discussion banner
21 - 40 of 113 Posts

·
Registered
'13 FR-S, '09 Yaris 5 Dr, '88 Celica All-Trac, '87 FX16, '83 FJ40, '69 Datsun 510, Suzuki XL-7
615 Posts
true that, covid has made everything difficult
Yup, all the supply chainprobs is real, small company i work for services and installs cash registers, we cant get equipment to sell! Were supposed to finally get a shipment of registers that we ordered in October!

·
Super Moderator
2011 FJ TT, 2001 IS300
1,988 Posts
According to Guff, this is going to be a series production thing so we should see a version of it in following years, kinda like how almost every year there was trd/trail editions. If so thats good news! Ill try this year and if not, next year, where hopefully production is ramped up and they make more than 200!
I'm sure in the coming years they'll do more. I think this inital run is so small to gauge interest and because of supply chain

·
Registered
31 Posts
Yup, all the supply chainprobs is real, small company i work for services and installs cash registers, we cant get equipment to sell! Were supposed to finally get a shipment of registers that we ordered in October!
Wow that's crazy...and I still haven't been able to get a ps5 xbox series x or a gaming pc. Hopefully it gets better soon

·
Super Moderator
725 Posts
Wow that's crazy...and I still haven't been able to get a ps5 xbox series x or a gaming pc. Hopefully it gets better soon
Indeed. Our current quote for getting new switches is about 56 weeks out. 13 months to wait for a single switch.

·
Registered
45 Posts
This whole thing reminds me of the whole ordeal I went through to get my PS5 at launch. Call stores, ask them if they were going to do pre orders, camp outside for more than half a day, and secure the pre order 🤣 But back on topic, this edition will probably be like a "order it and wait a few months for the factory to allocate your dealer" kinda deal. I think TRD is like that?

·
Super Moderator
2011 FJ TT, 2001 IS300
1,988 Posts
This whole thing reminds me of the whole ordeal I went through to get my PS5 at launch. Call stores, ask them if they were going to do pre orders, camp outside for more than half a day, and secure the pre order 🤣 But back on topic, this edition will probably be like a "order it and wait a few months for the factory to allocate your dealer" kinda deal. I think TRD is like that?
Toyota doesn't do any cars like that. Toyota allocates models to a dealer and then they get what they get. Dealers can call other dealers to work out a deal to get their model or do a dealer trade but that's it. They can't just contact Toyota and go "I want to get a GR Corolla ME in pearl white." If they're allocated a GRC but not an ME or CE, that's all they'll get unless they dealer trade
Edit: Correct me if I'm wrong because I may be misunderstanding your comment

·
Registered
31 Posts
Toyota doesn't do any cars like that. Toyota allocates models to a dealer and then they get what they get. Dealers can call other dealers to work out a deal to get their model or do a dealer trade but that's it. They can't just contact Toyota and go "I want to get a GR Corolla ME in pearl white." If they're allocated a GRC but not an ME or CE, that's all they'll get unless they dealer trade
Edit: Correct me if I'm wrong because I may be misunderstanding your comment
So basically it's a free for all. This should be fun...especially in canada

·
Registered
Suzuki GSXR750L7 Legacy 3.0R 6MT
323 Posts
Got excited until I realised there were no back seats so it's pointless really.

Also you need to be careful of the type of leather on the shift knob and wheel. Normal leather lasts but that Alcatera type doesn't last and shows the marks and oil from your hands something terrible after a couple of years.

Would love red seat belts but again they show the dirt. I'm waiting for a manufacturer to have the likes of the GR Corolla badge woven into the belts several times to help the car win the one with the most badges award.

·
Registered
'13 FR-S, '09 Yaris 5 Dr, '88 Celica All-Trac, '87 FX16, '83 FJ40, '69 Datsun 510, Suzuki XL-7
615 Posts
Got excited until I realised there were no back seats so it's pointless really.

Also you need to be careful of the type of leather on the shift knob and wheel. Normal leather lasts but that Alcatera type doesn't last and shows the marks and oil from your hands something terrible after a couple of years.

Would love red seat belts but again they show the dirt. I'm waiting for a manufacturer to have the likes of the GR Corolla badge woven into the belts several times to help the car win the one with the most badges award.
Yeah im not too thrilled about suede, not ideal for sweatyness and dirt. But ill deal with it if it ever comes to be.

·
Registered
2014 Accord Coupe V6 Nav (manual), 2021 Corolla XSE HB (auto)
252 Posts
Can anyone confirm why the Morizo edition looks like it’s lower then the Circuit edition? Could just be: the angle of the photos/video, my eyes, tire size/tread. But the Morizo seems to have less space between the tops of the tires and the bottom of the wheel wells…..hope it’s just my eyes or something….

·
Registered
615 Posts
Can anyone confirm why the Morizo edition looks like it’s lower then the Circuit edition? Could just be: the angle of the photos/video, my eyes, tire size/tread. But the Morizo seems to have less space between the tops of the tires and the bottom of the wheel wells…..hope it’s just my eyes or something….
According tothe japan videos, it is lower, by 5mm, which is a tiny amt. most noticeable in the tire gap since tire is taller

·
Registered
2014 Accord Coupe V6 Nav (manual), 2021 Corolla XSE HB (auto)
252 Posts
According tothe japan videos, it is lower, by 5mm, which is a tiny amt. most noticeable in the tire gap since tire is taller
Thanks for letting me know. Stinks that they are already watering down the Circuit. Morizo stuff like paint color, rims, trans gearing, extra torque should be on Circuit. The Japanese market has the CZ, a Morizo look alike with all the amenities, while our Circuit is just a fully loaded core with cosmetic differences. I can’t do a rear seat delete and need the rear seat….but who knows, maybe the engine mapping that adds the torque also makes it less torquey at lower RPM. I’d prefer low end torque over high end torque for daily driving anyway.

21 - 40 of 113 Posts