Toyota GR Corolla Forum - Release Date, Specs, Pricing Discussion banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

· Registered
2021 E210 Corolla, 2016 Scion FR-S (Sold)
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I guess I'll be the first to post from Michigan! Picked up my car Jan. 21st and looking to connect with other owners for events/hangouts/drives. I know of at least 3 other GRCs that have been sold in MI, so I'm assuming they stayed in the state.
Wheel Tire Vehicle Vehicle registration plate Car

· Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Maybe we will see each other at the track when we get our free track day stuff. I wonder what track they will use? Probably Ginger-man raceway.
That would be neat! Looks like Gingerman is one of the closest options for us, which is cool because I've only driven waterford hills raceway and M1 Concourse.
Map Font Rectangle Screenshot Parallel

· Registered
1998 Impreza Wagon > 2004 WRX Wagon > 2015 Focus ST > 2023 GR Corolla, all in red
96 Posts
Nice! You got wheels on already huh?
Yes. I planed it to bring in winter tires+wheels to the dealership for the day of the pickup. I do not drive a car on summer tires in winter. The tires are Michelin CrossClimate2, all-weather. If you wonder why CC2 instead of dedicated performance winter tires, you can see the thread I opened.

It's finally snowing here and I may try them on the snow for the first time tonight.

· Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yes. I planed it to bring in winter tires+wheels to the dealership for the day of the pickup. I do not drive a car on summer tires in winter. The tires are Michelin CrossClimate2, all-weather. If you wonder why CC2 instead of dedicated performance winter tires, you can see the thread I opened.

It's finally snowing here and I may try them on the snow for the first time tonight.
Good idea! I have Blizzaks on mine and this thing is SOLID in the snow.
Tire Sky Wheel Vehicle Car

· Registered
1998 Impreza Wagon > 2004 WRX Wagon > 2015 Focus ST > 2023 GR Corolla, all in red
96 Posts
Good idea! I have Blizzaks on mine and this thing is SOLID in the snow.
View attachment 6794
Yeah, they are good on snow and even on ice. But I've had WS80 bold only in four months, because I drive down to Florida in winter. Since the WS80 experience, I've been running performance winter tires like PA3 and LM001. But this time, I wanted more tread life than 3 winters. So, I decided to give CC2 a shot. I'll see how it goes.

· Registered
2023 Toyota GR Corolla Core
56 Posts

Yeah I was forced to drive in the snow once on my PS4's. It was scary bad. Ordered winter tires the same day and it has made a tremendous difference.

· Registered
2023 Toyota GR Corolla Core
56 Posts
Just over 200 now, I'm just gonna do the 621 miles (no hard acceleration, varying revs) recommended in the manual.
I mostly did that but after 500 miles I ripped it a little and boy was it all smiles. I put the 300 miles on it the day I bought it driving it from Ann Arbor to Traverse City. Getting window tint done today, so excited

1 - 20 of 23 Posts