Toyota GR Corolla Forum - Release Date, Specs, Pricing Discussion banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am interested to hear what the terms were of your deal with Michael's Toyota for a GR Corolla. I believe they've asked for $3k over MSRP, but curious to learn what your terms are (i.e. amount of deposit, refundable or not, and how long until it expires).

·
Registered
17 Posts
2000 refundable deposit. I put down on the day of the reveal. He also told me MSRP. All the vehicles on their lot doesn’t have ADM. So I wanted to confirm. It sucks cause the only thing I have in writing is our text messages showing that he states MSRP. I told him what my preference was for the GR corolla and he told me they can note it but they really can’t do anything until they know the build spec sheet and allocations.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I got a contract from them which states the $2k is non-refundable and they have a $3k markup for tint and XPEL. I’m really hesitant to sign something that’s non-refundable especially given that the car market may not be as hot as it is now in a year or two.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am interested to hear what the terms were of your deal with Michael's Toyota for a GR Corolla. I believe they've asked for $3k over MSRP, but curious to learn what your terms are (i.e. amount of deposit, refundable or not, and how long until it expires).
Why do people go to dealers to leave a deposit on a car that's not out yet or don't know the price of to begin with? it seems kinda crazy

·
Registered
21 Posts
Why do people go to dealers to leave a deposit on a car that's not out yet or don't know the price of to begin with? it seems kinda crazy
If the hype stays the way it is, without a deposit to put yourself in a position to obtain one, you'd be left out in the dark unless you want to pay 10k over msrp. I have two refundable deposits because it's the only car I want other than a m240ix which is a lot more insurance wise.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Finding a powerful, manual, reliable, non-FWD vehicle is rare, not to mention the ability to dial in the AWD bias means this car checks all of my boxes. I also love vehicles so being able to get one within the next two years is important to me.

My challenge is that I'm not willing to put down a non-refundable deposit to secure one since anything could happen in this crazy world in the next two years. If I had the option to put a refundable deposit down, I'd do that immediately since I sold a car a few months ago and haven't invested the cash elsewhere yet.

Different strokes. Different folks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Told me they expect to get TWO CARs this year and expect to wait 7 years before they can deliver. My son inlaw had a Tacoma TRD Pro on order since NOVEMBER, they promised MRSP, never delivered sold his car to the highest bidder.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts