Toyota GR Corolla Forum - Release Date, Specs, Pricing Discussion banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am interested to hear what the terms were of your deal with Michael's Toyota for a GR Corolla. I believe they've asked for $3k over MSRP, but curious to learn what your terms are (i.e. amount of deposit, refundable or not, and how long until it expires).

·
Registered
19 Posts
2000 refundable deposit. I put down on the day of the reveal. He also told me MSRP. All the vehicles on their lot doesn’t have ADM. So I wanted to confirm. It sucks cause the only thing I have in writing is our text messages showing that he states MSRP. I told him what my preference was for the GR corolla and he told me they can note it but they really can’t do anything until they know the build spec sheet and allocations.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I got a contract from them which states the $2k is non-refundable and they have a $3k markup for tint and XPEL. I’m really hesitant to sign something that’s non-refundable especially given that the car market may not be as hot as it is now in a year or two.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am interested to hear what the terms were of your deal with Michael's Toyota for a GR Corolla. I believe they've asked for $3k over MSRP, but curious to learn what your terms are (i.e. amount of deposit, refundable or not, and how long until it expires).
Why do people go to dealers to leave a deposit on a car that's not out yet or don't know the price of to begin with? it seems kinda crazy

·
Registered
48 Posts
Why do people go to dealers to leave a deposit on a car that's not out yet or don't know the price of to begin with? it seems kinda crazy
If the hype stays the way it is, without a deposit to put yourself in a position to obtain one, you'd be left out in the dark unless you want to pay 10k over msrp. I have two refundable deposits because it's the only car I want other than a m240ix which is a lot more insurance wise.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Finding a powerful, manual, reliable, non-FWD vehicle is rare, not to mention the ability to dial in the AWD bias means this car checks all of my boxes. I also love vehicles so being able to get one within the next two years is important to me.

My challenge is that I'm not willing to put down a non-refundable deposit to secure one since anything could happen in this crazy world in the next two years. If I had the option to put a refundable deposit down, I'd do that immediately since I sold a car a few months ago and haven't invested the cash elsewhere yet.

Different strokes. Different folks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Told me they expect to get TWO CARs this year and expect to wait 7 years before they can deliver. My son inlaw had a Tacoma TRD Pro on order since NOVEMBER, they promised MRSP, never delivered sold his car to the highest bidder.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I also did 2k non-fundable for this year only. MSRP +3k for tint and ppf (cant really complain about that). Was told im 6th on the list and I put it down on the morning of release when the info leaked. What sucks is my sales guy left and have someone else now so we'll see. At this point I hope to even end up in a core just because the CE is basically impossible unless you put down a deposit days before the announcement. NGL i've been looking at the 2023 CTR too but no honda dealer in Western WA does MSRP that i know of.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I also did 2k non-fundable for this year only. MSRP +3k for tint and ppf (cant really complain about that). Was told im 6th on the list and I put it down on the morning of release when the info leaked. What sucks is my sales guy left and have someone else now so we'll see. At this point I hope to even end up in a core just because the CE is basically impossible unless you put down a deposit days before the announcement. NGL i've been looking at the 2023 CTR too but no honda dealer in Western WA does MSRP that i know of.
Huh that's weird, I also have a 2k deposit at MSRP.... #6 on the list.

You may want to confirm your spot. I just spoke with my rep the other day and my paperwork has #6 written into it. I also put my deposit in morning-of, but was originally told I was #5. When the reps got together and compared timestamps I think we may have both been bumped a spot so you might be #7.

Either way, I was glad to hear from my new rep (last one left) and that all the paperwork I have really does exist internally and wasn't just smoke and mirrors. I'm sure they'll take care of both of us, Michaels is about as good as it gets dealer wise.

What spec are you aiming for? I told them Core with at minimum PP & CW, Tech pack not necessary but I'd prefer fully loaded. CE would be great as well, but doubt it'd get it. Any color but black!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Told me they expect to get TWO CARs this year and expect to wait 7 years before they can deliver. My son inlaw had a Tacoma TRD Pro on order since NOVEMBER, they promised MRSP, never delivered sold his car to the highest bidder.
Who told you that? Might have been a fed up rep just trying to get people to go away. Also when did you call? I checked in with my rep about a week after I put a deposit in and he sounded sick of it lmao. I was told they took 12 or so deposits, then took call back names up to 25 then just cut it off since that's probably all they'll get over 3 model years.

Every time I've spoken with them they've said "no word on allocation period". While it's possible they may only land 2 this year (2022) I bet they'd get significantly more then that next year, if not this year. They're the highest volume dealer in WA. If they're only getting 2 then nearly all other dealers in WA must be getting literally none lol

·
Registered
60 Posts

You may want to confirm your spot. I just spoke with my rep the other day and my paperwork has #6 written into it. I also put my deposit in morning-of, but was originally told I was #5. When the reps got together and compared timestamps I think we may have both been bumped a spot so you might be #7.

Either way, I was glad to hear from my new rep (last one left) and that all the paperwork I have really does exist internally and wasn't just smoke and mirrors. I'm sure they'll take care of both of us, Michaels is about as good as it gets dealer wise.

What spec are you aiming for? I told them Core with at minimum PP & CW, Tech pack not necessary but I'd prefer fully loaded. CE would be great as well, but doubt it'd get it. Any color but black!
Nothing stoping a dealer from putting #6 on multiple deals. Absolutely no way to monitor this from a customer perspective. It’s not like the cutomer knows when the cars arrive at the dealer and keeps track of it. Have to rely on dealer honesty, or lack thereof.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Nothing stoping a dealer from putting #6 on multiple deals. Absolutely no way to monitor this from a customer perspective. It’s not like the cutomer knows when the cars arrive at the dealer and keeps track of it. Have to rely on dealer honesty, or lack thereof.
Very true.
And we all know the reputation car salesmen have, don't we.
Many have no idea what the word "integrity" means.

·
Registered
6 Posts

I did see your post from a while ago so I went to check again (I had posted that before I confirmed again). Was your guy Rum? he kept confirming I was 6th until he left. New guy confirmed I was 8th in line which made more sense. Made my deposit morning of the announcement (when info leaked). realistically want a White Core + PP at the minimum. It would be a dream to get a CE in either white or HM but i doubt I'll even manage to get anything this year. TBH if that happens im just gonna take my deposit back after this year and wait a bit since I don't need a car right now.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I did see your post from a while ago so I went to check again (I had posted that before I confirmed again). Was your guy Rum? he kept confirming I was 6th until he left. New guy confirmed I was 8th in line which made more sense. Made my deposit morning of the announcement (when info leaked). realistically want a White Core + PP at the minimum. It would be a dream to get a CE in either white or HM but i doubt I'll even manage to get anything this year. TBH if that happens im just gonna take my deposit back after this year and wait a bit since I don't need a car right now.
Got it makes sense. Yeah my first guy was Chris, now I’m with Aleks.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts