Toyota GR Corolla Forum - Release Date, Specs, Pricing Discussion banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2011 FJ TT, 2001 IS300
1,973 Posts
I'm right there with you. I'm debating getting a Core with PP just to rock until I can get my hands on an ME. ME is my end goal no matter what (unless they actually bring the GRY here if some rumours are true). I'm fine with waiting a few years (hype hopefully will come down so prices do, gives me more time to save up, and they work out any kinks)

·
Registered
2022 Tundra, 2022 718 Spyder, 1994 Honda Civic Coupe
26 Posts
I'm right there with you. I'm debating getting a Core with PP just to rock until I can get my hands on an ME. ME is my end goal no matter what (unless they actually bring the GRY here if some rumours are true). I'm fine with waiting a few years (hype hopefully will come down so prices do, gives me more time to save up, and they work out any kinks)
There's an extremely low chance GRY will be in the US, considering the cost they need to do with crash tests and other regulatory tests (no regular Yaris in here so they gotta jump through ALL the hoops)

·
Super Moderator
2011 FJ TT, 2001 IS300
1,973 Posts
There's an extremely low chance GRY will be in the US, considering the cost they need to do with crash tests and other regulatory tests (no regular Yaris in here so they gotta jump through ALL the hoops)
Oh I know how low the chances are which is why I am not putting any faith in the rumour and holding out for a GRY

·
Registered
75 Posts
I wanted the ME but the price is about 4-5k high of what I thought it should be priced at. AWD performance is pretty limited in the USA if 6MT is a requirement. 3 cars I think of. WRX, Golf R, and the GRC. At 50k, or over 50k iirc if you want the Matte Grey color as they charge extra, that is in Supra pricing. And with the B58 and the capability of that motor I’d have to go Supra 6MT if I was to spend 50k.

I do think those who are really dedicated will get a ME as the price is cost prohibitive to most. The problem is just ADM. Even MSRP only dealers, many of them will probably go ADM on the Morizo since so few will be produced.

·
Registered
2008 FJ, 2022 GR Supra, 2020 RAV4 Hybrid
455 Posts
I wanted the ME but the price is about 4-5k high of what I thought it should be priced at. AWD performance is pretty limited in the USA if 6MT is a requirement. 3 cars I think of. WRX, Golf R, and the GRC. At 50k, or over 50k iirc if you want the Matte Grey color as they charge extra, that is in Supra pricing. And with the B58 and the capability of that motor I’d have to go Supra 6MT if I was to spend 50k.

I do think those who are really dedicated will get a ME as the price is cost prohibitive to most. The problem is just ADM. Even MSRP only dealers, many of them will probably go ADM on the Morizo since so few will be produced.
This is my take on it, I wouldn't mind one but I would expect ADM no matter what. Not to mention 1 in like every 10 dealerships will get one.

·
Super Moderator
825 Posts

And again, ADM in the US sucks, the ME can reach up to 25k on top of the MSRP

·
Registered
75 Posts
And again, ADM in the US sucks, the ME can reach up to 25k on top of the MSRP
I know you are right. All of this with an ordering system….would be so much different. It’s disheartening and makes me want to just punt on this until late 2024 and give this 2 years from now, to settle, normalize, or however you want to label it. Redirect want to being prudent financially. Year 1 of all this is just going to be too insane for me.

·
Super Moderator
2011 FJ TT, 2001 IS300
1,973 Posts
Shocked they didn't do a lottery system like the GRMN's. Maybe they're still holding out right now since there isn't much info on the ME.

·
Registered
2020 WRX
9 Posts
I'm CE or bust. I have money down on a Genesis GV70 right now that'll be arriving in the beginning of November. Hopefully I can get some kind of confirmation that the dealer I'm #1 on the list for is gonna get one or not before then. Otherwise I'm buying the genesis and might have to trade a 65k car in for a 45k car if I can get a CE. Kind of dumb but whatever I want a hot hatch.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Spoke to my dealer today (I’m on the East Coast) to confirm that I’m still first on the list (I signed up early this year) for a ME. We are in agreement that if they don’t get a ME, that I’ll go for a CE. color doesn’t really matter to me. I was told that they won’t have allocation info on the ME or CE til next Spring most likely and delivery later after that (they think fall ‘23 most likely). I don’t want a Core of any type. I’m willing to wait.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts