Toyota GR Corolla Forum - Release Date, Specs, Pricing Discussion banner
41 - 56 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Hey do the announced CAD prices include delivery charges or not?
The MSRP is the price of the car itself. It doesn’t include freight or PDI (pre-delivery inspection), taxes, any applicable environmental levies, or dealer fees. It also doesn’t include any interest or associated fees you’ll pay if you opt for factory or dealer financing.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Hey do the announced CAD prices include delivery charges or not?
PDI in BC is around $1750, then there are tire levy, dealer doc fees, finance fees, admin fees to go on top; just bring a bottle of lube with you, and stay seated for the entire performance. 😆

I am pretty much done with this car since I had a fabulous experience with a local Honda dealer as I was putting my name into the Type-R ring. The manager said they sell MSRP (+), dealer fee at $600 (+), they have the most allocation of Type-R historically in BC (++), lottery system (+) and local resident only (+++). The most important thing about the whole thing, it felt genuine. Guy admitted Honda makes around 500 a year and likely I will not get anything until 2024. He then emailed me a confirmation of our conversation and will let me know once they get more info from Honda and will take deposit when the pool is open (in black and white).

Comparing to the Toyota flagship dealer, no one knows anything nor care about the car. All I got was just a piece of paper, saying deposit was made and they didn't even want to have anything in black and white. I was told they still take a non-refundable deposit when the line is over 50+ people and the IDGAF attitude.

·
Registered
150 Posts
PDI in BC is around $1750, then there are tire levy, dealer doc fees, finance fees, admin fees to go on top; just bring a bottle of lube with you, and stay seated for the entire performance. 😆

I am pretty much done with this car since I had a fabulous experience with a local Honda dealer as I was putting my name into the Type-R ring. The manager said they sell MSRP (+), dealer fee at $600 (+), they have the most allocation of Type-R historically in BC (++), lottery system (+) and local resident only (+++). The most important thing about the whole thing, it felt genuine. Guy admitted Honda makes around 500 a year and likely I will not get anything until 2024. He then emailed me a confirmation of our conversation and will let me know once they get more info from Honda and will take deposit when the pool is open (in black and white).

Comparing to the Toyota flagship dealer, no one knows anything nor care about the car. All I got was just a piece of paper, saying deposit was made and they didn't even want to have anything in black and white. I was told they still take a non-refundable deposit when the line is over 50+ people and the IDGAF attitude.
I take it you're in BC?
If so, I would have thought with all the rain you guys get you could really benefit from the awd system in the GRC, over the fwd of the Type-R.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Multiple sales people at Don Valley North initially told me deposit is refundable. Then upon hitting back with a more specific question, they clarified it's actually only refundable within 90 days. I told them this car is expected to come way after 90 days, so it's effectively non-refundable and they agreed. When I asked them so how many deposits have they taken so far, they said over 100 so it sounds like they're deliberately just collecting money :rolleyes:

·
Registered
150 Posts
Multiple sales people at Don Valley North initially told me deposit is refundable. Then upon hitting back with a more specific question, they clarified it's actually only refundable within 90 days. I told them this car is expected to come way after 90 days, so it's effectively non-refundable and they agreed. When I asked them so how many deposits have they taken so far, they said over 100 so it sounds like they're deliberately just collecting money :rolleyes:
Both Toyota dealers I have deposits with said that they are fully refundable.
I think they are just messing with you.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Both Toyota dealers I have deposits with said that they are fully refundable.
I think they are just messing with you.
The wording "fully refundable" doesn't really invalidate what I said unless you didn't include that. They could easily mean fully refundable... within X days/months. You need to shoot it straight and specify if the full amount is refundable whether it's 2 months from now or 2 years from now.

·
Registered
55 Posts
To be clear, there is no such thing as "non-refundable". They are just messing with people knowing they get to keep the money and the business. If you really complain and throw a fit, they will refund it. It is a car that will sell regardless.

For daily, FWD is fine. I mean in Vancouver it's always stop and go traffic. Especially with crappy weather, I would worry about the next car which is likely an SUV w/ low profile AS M+S tires that are plowing along fearlessly.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Lmao! Just saw this on the fb group

·
Registered
85 Posts

Is there someone we can forward this to and revoke this allocation? I'm feeling violent today

·
Super Moderator
2011 FJ TT, 2001 IS300
1,988 Posts

Hmmmmm, that send message button is looking pretty tempting

41 - 56 of 56 Posts