Toyota GR Corolla Forum - Release Date, Specs, Pricing Discussion banner
21 - 40 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
There is a chance that edition coming to Canada already has most options included, which happened to Veloster N and Golf R. It's just Canadian market is so little and it's not worth for them to provide us options.

·
Super Moderator
2011 FJ TT, 2001 IS300
1,988 Posts
Yeah I understand that haha, just meant in the sense of whether or not there has been any clearing up on the Canadian specs if they only offer one option here!
Sadly don't think we'll know until pricing is out since that is when Canadian dealers will give you options for "ordering"

·
Registered
55 Posts
all we know is no adm :]
Hard to say, ADM is legal in Canada as long as it is shown in the advertisement. Small individual dealers likely won't charge ADM but I expect the corporate multi brands one will take advantage of ADM for rare opportunities like these.

I just think the whole dealership models bring the worst side of automotive sales industry. My coworker just took delivery of a Rav4 Prime, he just got slaughtered by the sales manager, finance manager and the parts manager with add ons and service packages. The whole delivery took 4+ hours, and those guy just come one after another.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I was recently invited to a Toyota Canada marketing event where they showcased the car, and do not fret; The reason why the package won't be available in Canada is because the LSDs will be standard equipment (as well as the JBL sound system). It's a bit strange since it turns the Circuit Edition into a mild appearance package, but it is what it is. I was told we would get pricing in october, and that the cars would get delivered starting December, with a real launch at the Montreal Auto Show in January.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I was recently invited to a Toyota Canada marketing event where they showcased the car, and do not fret; The reason why the package won't be available in Canada is because the LSDs will be standard equipment (as well as the JBL sound system). It's a bit strange since it turns the Circuit Edition into a mild appearance package, but it is what it is. I was told we would get pricing in october, and that the cars would get delivered starting December, with a real launch at the Montreal Auto Show in January.
What are the odds, U.S. pricing would come out sooner?

·
Registered
55 Posts
About my ADM comment, looks like dealers have been adding ADM into many highly demanded EVs like Toyota Prime lines and Hyundai Ionic 5 since the shortages of cars. I would not be surprised if ADM are tacked on the final delivery price for a model that each dealer may only get no more than one.

My friend who just took a delivery of a Soul EV said a few shady Hyundai dealers are adding as much as $5000 ADM and $500 non-refundable deposit on in stock Ionic and other Kia family of EVs. Obviously my friend took back the deposit at the shady ones and got the car at another honest dealer who sold it at MSRP.

I totally understand the rarity of this car, however ADM/mandatory trade-in BS does not sit well with me. I urge you guys to only consider dealers that are selling at MSRP w/ no other conditions (they do exist). This type of sales behavior by taking advantage of the market should not even be encouraged (or legal), just many people are selfish and dealerships took advantage of. At the end of the day, this is just a car.

·
Registered
50 Posts
About my ADM comment, looks like dealers have been adding ADM into many highly demanded EVs like Toyota Prime lines and Hyundai Ionic 5 since the shortages of cars. I would not be surprised if ADM are tacked on the final delivery price for a model that each dealer may only get no more than one.

My friend who just took a delivery of a Soul EV said a few shady Hyundai dealers are adding as much as $5000 ADM and $500 non-refundable deposit on in stock Ionic and other Kia family of EVs. Obviously my friend took back the deposit at the shady ones and got the car at another honest dealer who sold it at MSRP.

I totally understand the rarity of this car, however ADM/mandatory trade-in BS does not sit well with me. I urge you guys to only consider dealers that are selling at MSRP w/ no other conditions (they do exist). This type of sales behavior by taking advantage of the market should not even be encouraged (or legal), just many people are selfish and dealerships took advantage of. At the end of the day, this is just a car.
Where are you in Canada to have ADM added on new cars? Can't say for everywhere in Canada since consumer laws are provincial, but at least in Ontario and Quebec they can't sell a car at a different price from advertised. Advertisements are pretty much always advertised at MSRP.

Theres other ways dealerships will get around this though, by either making certain accessories or options "mandatory" on the car. For example, they'll put a tint on the car that typically costs $500 but charge you an extra $1000 instead as their "price" for that already installed tint option.

Or it'll be a barely used car with 500km that they can choose to sell at whatever price they decide to advertise it at.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Where are you in Canada to have ADM added on new cars? Can't say for everywhere in Canada since consumer laws are provincial, but at least in Ontario and Quebec they can't sell a car at a different price from advertised. Advertisements are pretty much always advertised at MSRP.

Theres other ways dealerships will get around this though, by either making certain accessories or options "mandatory" on the car. For example, they'll put a tint on the car that typically costs $500 but charge you an extra $1000 instead as their "price" for that already installed tint option.

Or it'll be a barely used car with 500km that they can choose to sell at whatever price they decide to advertise it at.
I have communicated with Toyota Canada about dealer's practice in the past. Sadly, what they told me was that they have no influences on how dealers conduct their business. They cannot interfere with transactions between end customer and the dealers. Their dealers are free to set prices and fees as long as it's legal in the trading region.

What that means is the dealers can have house rules like mandatory trade-in, non-refundable deposit, markup etc

I am in BC. When I looked at provinces rules about car ads, few provinces like AB required "all-in pricing" or "drive out pricing" in the ad. This does not automatically means dealers must sell the cars at MSRP, they simply required to list the markup and fees in the price sheet and offer letter. I believe it's a Mandala effect when people says Canadian dealers must sell new cars at MSRP, I have yet to find such law to support that.

Yes, they can do accessories and charge a huge mark up on it. They can also do that in doc fees, finance fees, lien fees, inspection fees, accessories fees etc. When my friend asked about the doc fees at the Hyundai dealer, the sales guy had the audacity to say it's part of the "free accessories" and "perks" given when buying a vehicle at that dealer lol... so it's not really free...

The other way some BC dealers are doing it is they sold the car to the staff, staff re-sold back to the dealer. The car becomes used and can be sold at any prices.

Since I went to car shopping with a few friends in the last few years including my parents. The sales industry had become a race to the bottom. When a dealer started to charge ADM, and added all sort of fees, other dealers follow. Yet consumers are pressured and are willing to pay the "ransom" during delivery. The dealers delibrately set up the delivery lounge and finance office in a way the car is only a piece of glass away and the finance manager has the keys dangling in front. They also will split the fees and charges to the monthly payment so it looks insignificant to mislead the unaware.

Car buying from a dealership is no longer an enjoyable experience IMO. I guess maybe I am cheap but I just don't feel right knowing being ripped off in so many levels during the buying process.

·
Registered
Suzuki GSXR750L7 Legacy 3.0R 6MT
323 Posts
At the end of the day its the buyers that are at fault. If you are prepared to get ripped off and not just walk away from a dealer then of course they are going to try and fleece you.

If nobody was prepared to pay more than the MSRP then they would be forced to sell the cars at that or they would just sit on the lot.

Still no idea of pricing over here but unless I feel the car is "Worth it" I will just move on as well. The GR Corolla Circuit Edition has the new Golf R as the absolute price ceiling.

21 - 40 of 56 Posts