Toyota GR Corolla Forum - Release Date, Specs, Pricing Discussion banner
461 - 480 of 511 Posts

· Registered
622 Posts
Are you sure this includes the gr Corolla
Exactly. My dealer is "MSRP Only", they even have a big banner on the top of their website saying so, but when it came time to talk financing for the GR Corolla they decided to try and tack on an extra $2k "market adjustment". I pointed out the hypocrisy of that and they decided to give it to me for MSRP...

· Registered
211 Posts
Fitzgerald Toyota in Maryland does only $695 markup for any car models. $500 deposit and refundable.
Not anymore. I was just there to test drive their first car. The general sales manager is the first registered owner and they're selling it used for $49,995. I was the second person to test drive it and turn it down.

The salesman said management might start to honor the MSRP + $695 agreements for those on the deposit list for the next allocations, but they might not.
Font Screenshot Terrestrial plant Darkness
Car Land vehicle Vehicle Wheel Tire
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tire
Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Automotive tire Plant

· Registered
1,752 Posts
Not anymore. I was just there to test drive their first car. The general sales manager is the first registered owner and they're selling it used for $49,995. I was the second person to test drive it and turn it down.

The salesman said management might start to honor the MSRP + $695 agreements for those on the deposit list for the next allocations, but they might not.
View attachment 5070 View attachment 5075 View attachment 5076 View attachment 5077
I do like that optional shift knob, that’s the DEFINITION of how msrp dealerships get around selling at msrp so sad

· Registered
66 Posts
What you need to do is put out the word to everyone on this forum within 100 miles of that dealer. Every day 5 of us should go visit throughout the day. Show real interest in the car. Spend a couple hours at the dealer. Waste their time and then when they tell you it’s $50k, say no way only buy at msrp! And walk. Do this day in and day out with different people. They’ll get frustrated and fast lol.

· Registered
4 Posts
Contacted a few dealerships around southeastern CT back in August/September.

Charles Toyota: no allocation and when they receive it it’s going to be very expensive. When I asked how expensive I was told they don’t know until they have an allocation but that it was going to be expensive. They also told me I was the second person to show interest in the CGR.

Girard Toyota: also no allocation and they tried selling me another car. They didn’t give me any other information.

I’m trying in Rhode Island next and will post information on pricing as soon as I get it.

· Registered
‘15 Ford Fiesta ST; '22 RAV4 Hybrid
302 Posts
Contacted a few dealerships around southeastern CT back in August/September.

Charles Toyota: no allocation and when they receive it it’s going to be very expensive. When I asked how expensive I was told they don’t know until they have an allocation but that it was going to be expensive. They also told me I was the second person to show interest in the CGR.

Girard Toyota: also no allocation and they tried selling me another car. They didn’t give me any other information.

I’m trying in Rhode Island next and will post information on pricing as soon as I get it.
Expensive as in the car itself or the ADM. $40k is a decent amount for a car but just wondering what they’re referring to.
Haley Toyota in Midlothian, VA is now an ADM dealer on the GR Corolla.
Never had them on there to begin with.

· Registered
39 Posts
so is 5k ADM the going rate or are we still holding out for msrp?
Some people here are caving in, and that's exactly what they want. For every 5 guys suggesting us to HODL, we have one sucker going in and paying 5-10k over and ruining it for everyone else.

Hence why once I eventually own one, my first question for the meets will be: "Oh, nice GRC <gender neutral term>, how much ADM did you pay?" if they don't immediately stop me to say they paid MSRP, I'm figuratively spitting on their New Balances and moving onto the next car down the line.

· Registered
29 Posts
so is 5k ADM the going rate or are we still holding out for msrp?
I'm going to a dealer that's charging 10k over, and am going to see if I can negotiate it down. If I could guarantee that I will get the last model year one, then I would do that, so I'm going to just be patient. I'm personally fine with $2k markup, but I'd feel a lot better if Toyota were the ones getting that extra money rather than the dealers.

· Registered
18 Posts
I'm going to a dealer that's charging 10k over, and am going to see if I can negotiate it down. If I could guarantee that I will get the last model year one, then I would do that, so I'm going to just be patient. I'm personally fine with $2k markup, but I'd feel a lot better if Toyota were the ones getting that extra money rather than the dealers.
I want SOMETHING for the markup and ill pay more. Not just because.

461 - 480 of 511 Posts