Toyota GR Corolla Forum - Release Date, Specs, Pricing Discussion banner
341 - 360 of 394 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Please update the list. I went to Toyota of El Cajon in San Diego CA. They are not a msrp dealer. I wasted 2hrs driving to find out that they aren’t doing msrp. I first talked on the phone and they were like ok yeah come down and you can put a $500 minimum deposit to get on the list. When I got there they said it’s guna be a 15k markup and that they said there’s no deposit so I was just confused. Maybe they could sell at msrp but the employees probably wanted first dibs and lied to me with the 15k markup and false information about deposits. Idk At least I’m still on the backup list at Longo Toyota but I doubt it’ll even reach me t-t

·
Registered
111 Posts
Please update the list. I went to Toyota of El Cajon in San Diego CA. They are not a msrp dealer. I wasted 2hrs driving to find out that they aren’t doing msrp. I first talked on the phone and they were like ok yeah come down and you can put a $500 minimum deposit to get on the list. When I got there they said it’s guna be a 15k markup and that they said there’s no deposit so I was just confused. Maybe they could sell at msrp but the employees probably wanted first dibs and lied to me with the 15k markup and false information about deposits. Idk At least I’m still on the backup list at Longo Toyota but I doubt it’ll even reach me t-t
Hahahahhah California voted for more prior to come in

·
Registered
19 Posts
I've been on El Cajon's list since April with a deposit down. At this point, that list is probably closed and the salesperson is trying to capitalize on the demand.

·
Registered
‘15 Ford Fiesta ST; '22 RAV4 Hybrid
208 Posts
I always call and get an email confirming that dealers are MSRP. All this info is aggregated from users on here & their experience. Obviously as a result YMMV. The wait period for this has been a decent amount of time atp.

Also not sure why you’d drive 2 hours to put down a deposit…

·
Registered
4 Posts
I always call and get an email confirming that dealers are MSRP. All this info is aggregated from users on here & their experience. Obviously as a result YMMV. The wait period for this has been a decent amount of time atp.

Also not sure why you’d drive 2 hours to put down a deposit…
I actually did email,txt, and call before I went. I wanted to verify and have something in writing when I put the deposit down….

·
Registered
‘15 Ford Fiesta ST; '22 RAV4 Hybrid
208 Posts
Mike Erdman Toyota in Cocoa, FL when taking a deposit, stated no markup (they are normally a MSRP dealer). This morning they called and stated that they will most likely request 10-15k markup.

Toyota of Orlando has 10k Markup
ATP the GR Corolla will be DOA in FL. Zero dealers from there so far with sticker price.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Can't be that many people willing to pay 50k or 55k for a corolla. That's getting into the M240 / Audi S3 territory. I'll get either one of those before I pay 10k over msrp for the car I really want.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Who said I didn't want it? I want a GRC as my first choice, not over msrp though. I'm not an idiot. A M240ix has always been plan b.
I've been singing this tune for a while, but then I've realized I really don't want a BMW (even if the b58 is a great engine). They're fat, cost a lot, and are super numb. I don't know what else I can get that would compare in terms of driving feel to what I currently have. That's pretty much what I'm on the look out for. I don't need to be thrown back into my seat. I just want enough power (300+ hp) and a car that doesn't weigh or drive like a hippo.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I've been singing this tune for a while, but then I've realized I really don't want a BMW (even if the b58 is a great engine). They're fat, cost a lot, and are super numb. I don't know what else I can get that would compare in terms of driving feel to what I currently have. That's pretty much what I'm on the look out for. I don't need to be thrown back into my seat. I just want enough power (300+ hp) and a car that doesn't weigh or drive like a hippo.
AWD is a must for me on my list. If it wasn't I'd be interested in the CTR or possibly the Integra type s. Hyundai Elanta N looks pretty good as well. My dealer says msrp and nothing has changed yet. Still set on the GRC, just trying to balance the excitement so I'm not too disappointed if things go south.🤷‍♂️

·
Registered
121 Posts
AWD is a must for me on my list. If it wasn't I'd be interested in the CTR or possibly the Integra type s. Hyundai Elanta N looks pretty good as well. My dealer says msrp and nothing has changed yet. Still set on the GRC, just trying to balance the excitement so I'm not too disappointed if things go south.🤷‍♂️
I also prefer AWD. If I can't have it, I'll settle for the CTR (if I can get one at MSRP lol) as I already have a RWD car

341 - 360 of 394 Posts