Toyota GR Corolla Forum - Release Date, Specs, Pricing Discussion banner
321 - 340 of 394 Posts

·
Registered
‘15 Ford Fiesta ST; '22 RAV4 Hybrid
208 Posts
I'm looking for a GR86 and not a GR Corolla, but figured I'd register an account and contribute where I can to help update this thread since I've been using it to narrow my search.

Unfortunately, Lia Toyota of Colonie in NY is NOT doing MSRP. At least not on the GR 86, so I'd imagine not on a GR Corolla either. I called in today and was told cars had to be reserved in-person; responded that that wouldn't be an issue, I'd just want to know exact color combination / trim before making the 2 hour trip. Upon hearing that, the SA that I spoke with informed me that because I'm not "local" there would be a mark-up. No idea what counts as "local", and if they are truly giving MSRP for "locals" anyway, but suffice to say that most people can expect a markup unless perhaps you're in the Albany area.
The other Lia dealer on there is also an ADM dealer so not too shocking. Added them regardless.
Another update:

Greentree Toyota of Danbury in CT: Not actually an MSRP dealership in my opinion. Called them today and they'll sell you a car at MSRP, however you're forced to buy an additional "ceramic" package at $9XX (can't remember the exact figure, was something like $965 or $985). They couldn't tell me the name of the product / coating used, so it is almost certainly nothing more than a rather temporary and worthless generic spray-on coating of some sort, probably not even ceramic and I wouldn't be surprised if it were just a spray on nano-wax. For my consideration, that's basically a $1000 mark-up. It'd be different if it were PPF or well reputed ceramic product among detailers and paint protection shops, but the chances that you're going to find such things being offered at a Toyota dealership are about as good as finding a GR for 20% off MSRP in this market 😂

Bennet Toyota of Allentown in PA: Same case as above, not actually an MSRP dealership. An $895 "Bennett Protection Package" is a mandatory purchase on every vehicle. So is a $422 Process/Doc fee. For all PA residents, these two "bullshit fees" is all you will pay on top of MSRP + Destination. For all NJ and NY residents, there is an additional $2000 markup. For all residents from other states outside of PA, NJ, and NY, the markup is $5000.

Of course! Can't wait for the dealership model to become obsolete and be done away with. Until then... the struggle persists.

Awesome, thanks for the heads up. Going to give them a call again tomorrow and ask to speak with Evan this time. Will update back here if anything changes based on the SA.
For the ones where it’s an add on package if it’s under $1k I didn’t mark it as ADM. Yes it’s technically still that but plenty are willing to pay that increase over MSRP. If it was me I’d try to negotiate it down and have them include dealer fees in that and tell them to not install that bs. Anything that’s $2k+ in fees? Absolutely will mark it as ADM. I also try to add a note just how much the ADM is. The story of locals vs non locals for dealers is also very reoccurring. Makes it a bit tricky cause technically yes they’re sticker but it’s if you’re within that radius.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I've noticed a few people talking about Toyota dealerships in the East Coast, especially CT.

I work at A1 Toyota of New Haven CT. We sell everything at MSRP, no dealer installed accessories added on by force. Everything is optional. Just the MSRP and the dealer Processing fee. There's only 2 MSRP Toyota dealers in CT, that is mine, and I believe WOW Toyota. But as far as I know, only on select models.

A1 Toyota is the only one that will sell everything at MSRP. It can be a Corolla LE or a TRD Pro Tundra, it doesn't matter.

Unfortunately, what that means is, we have a longer wait time. I get a lot of customers from all over the country ordering RAV4 primes, which is why if you order one, you're now waiting 1 year to 1 year and a half. I have a couple orders myself for GR86s and to this day we've only gotten 2...

There's a lot of factors that play into this. I would never pay anything over MSRP because that's just straight up scamming people for their money. There's no excuse they can say that is valid. Because as a dealership, we buy the cars at invoice. Before covid, they weren't making profit on the cars themselves, now they are even if they sell at MSRP.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I've noticed a few people talking about Toyota dealerships in the East Coast, especially CT.

I work at A1 Toyota of New Haven CT. We sell everything at MSRP, no dealer installed accessories added on by force. Everything is optional. Just the MSRP and the dealer Processing fee. There's only 2 MSRP Toyota dealers in CT, that is mine, and I believe WOW Toyota. But as far as I know, only on select models.

A1 Toyota is the only one that will sell everything at MSRP. It can be a Corolla LE or a TRD Pro Tundra, it doesn't matter.

Unfortunately, what that means is, we have a longer wait time. I get a lot of customers from all over the country ordering RAV4 primes, which is why if you order one, you're now waiting 1 year to 1 year and a half. I have a couple orders myself for GR86s and to this day we've only gotten 2...

There's a lot of factors that play into this. I would never pay anything over MSRP because that's just straight up scamming people for their money. There's no excuse they can say that is valid. Because as a dealership, we buy the cars at invoice. Before covid, they weren't making profit on the cars themselves, now they are even if they sell at MSRP.

Another thing to mention is, we don't mark up just because you're out of state either. The other CT Toyota dealers most definitely do.

I don't remember which one specifically but one of them have a 3k mark up for locals, and 7k mark up for out of state

·
Registered
7 Posts
In Massachusetts, Watertown Toyota said they are selling for MSRP. They’re taking $500 deposits. I got on their list in early April, and I’m number 16. If you do the math and figure out how many they will be allocated per year, I’ll be lucky if I can get one from there before they go out of production.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Sand Mountain Toyota in Albertville Alabama is taking $500 deposits for MSRP if you live in the state. $1000 over MSRP if you're out of state. I put my deposit in today and I'm 3rd in line. Super excited.

·
Registered
2 Posts
As of 3:10pm Mountain Time, 6 Sep. 2022
Corwin Toyota of Colorado Springs, Colorado - quote from a salesman
"My GM has said we will probably follow the national trend and ask $10,000 over MSRP for the 2 or 3 that we get."

However-

Toyota of Colorado Springs, Colorado - to quote salesman Zane
" We never sell above MSRP as we believe that it is criminal to do so."

·
Registered
27 Posts
Corwin Toyota of Colorado Springs, Colorado - quote from a salesman
"My GM has said we will probably follow the national trend and ask $10,000 over MSRP for the 2 or 3 that we get."
Scumbags.

321 - 340 of 394 Posts