Toyota GR Corolla Forum - Release Date, Specs, Pricing Discussion banner
1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Much like the new Nissan Z getting a special proto edition in yellow, do you think Toyota is going to release a exclusive launch edition color for the GRC? And for that matter, what colors do you think are gonna be available?

·
Registered
457 Posts
Much like the new Nissan Z getting a special proto edition in yellow, do you think Toyota is going to release a exclusive launch edition color for the GRC? And for that matter, what colors do you think are gonna be available?
Probably same color options on the regular corolla hatchback with possibly a few colors not available on the corolla hatchback. Would be nice if they offered some bold colors or perhaps some matte colors. If they are the same colors as the regular hatchback, ill take a blue flame with black roof (if carbon roofs aren't an option).

·
Registered
2021 Toyota Corolla hatchback XSE
51 Posts
Toyota does only put turbulence grey on the supra currently. In this fun little leak from Toyota the cars looks to be in turbulence grey, so they will at least be adding that to the lineup. I would love to see something personal though
Gesture Font Gadget Communication Device Screenshot

·
Registered
457 Posts
Toyota does only put turbulence grey on the supra currently. In this fun little leak from Toyota the cars looks to be in turbulence grey, so they will at least be adding that to the lineup. I would love to see something personal though View attachment 495
Ehh... Looks more like a basic silver.
If the leak about the October release is true with only 90 units distributed to each region, we may not have a choice of what color. If you're first on the list to get one, and your dealer actually gets allocated one, you better take what they get or you may not be getting one this year unfortunately. Ill take any color but black... Black cars during Texas summers are brutal... Even with tint..

·
Super Moderator
1,279 Posts
Toyota does only put turbulence grey on the supra currently. In this fun little leak from Toyota the cars looks to be in turbulence grey, so they will at least be adding that to the lineup. I would love to see something personal though View attachment 495
Usually Toyota will do one color that’s specific to the model with collaborations. Turbulence is one for the Supra as Neptune is for the 86. Corolla at least has blue flame as a stand out color.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Usually Toyota will do one color that’s specific to the model with collaborations. Turbulence is one for the Supra as Neptune is for the 86. Corolla at least has blue flame as a stand out color.
The supra also has/had the nitro yellow, phantom matte gray, downshift blue (2020 only), and Refraction blue (2021 only).

·
Registered
368 Posts
It would be cool! Mainly because if everyone is chasing the limited color, the standard white/black/red will be easier to get 😈

I'm not a fan of paying an extra $600+ for special colors that are more expensive to fix when the inevitable ding happens, lol.

·
Super Moderator
1,279 Posts
It would be cool! Mainly because if everyone is chasing the limited color, the standard white/black/red will be easier to get 😈

I'm not a fan of paying an extra $600+ for special colors that are more expensive to fix when the inevitable ding happens, lol.
Those are probably going to be the most sought after colors at launch. Lol. White especially.

but if it’s like the Yaris with only 4 colors… oh well

·
Registered
2021 E210 Corolla, 2016 Scion FR-S (Sold)
31 Posts
I hope they have some fun colors to work with, I'm a sucker for a good metallic flake orange.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Those are probably going to be the most sought after colors at launch. Lol. White especially.

but if it’s like the Yaris with only 4 colors… oh well
Wow, I didn't realize white was the most popular car color in the US, lol. I honestly don't see too many white cars in my area. Mostly black / dark colors.

My SO has vetoed white/silver/gray - so assuming the core colors will be white/red/black, I'm hoping that there will be plenty of red (first choice) or black, lol.

If the special color is blue or purple though....

1 - 20 of 74 Posts