Toyota GR Corolla Forum - Release Date, Specs, Pricing Discussion banner
61 - 80 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
As I was reading I was thinking "yes, except for the challenger" only to have my mind read later in your statement. The retro look will always be appealing to me and many others, it's an incredible and tasteful reincarnation. Other than that tho, you're 100% right. It won't evolve either, as it'll be replaced by an EV muscle car in 2024.
I don’t even know if I believe the EV thing fully either. Until it’s prohibitively expensive Stellantis will just keep shoving bigger and bigger V8s into ancient relic platforms and baby boomers/dudes with small willies will keep forking over their money for them….especially with how sketchy FCA’s financial arm is. If you make $15 an hour and have a credit score of 550 they’ll still put you in a V8 Challenger….granted it’ll be an 8 year loan at 21% interest, but the sorts of people they prey on aren’t financially literate enough to realize that it’s a bad idea….

·
Registered
2008 FJ, 2022 GR Supra, 2020 RAV4 Hybrid
253 Posts
I don’t even know if I believe the EV thing fully either. Until it’s prohibitively expensive Stellantis will just keep shoving bigger and bigger V8s into ancient relic platforms and baby boomers/dudes with small willies will keep forking over their money for them….especially with how sketchy FCA’s financial arm is. If you make $15 an hour and have a credit score of 550 they’ll still put you in a V8 Challenger….granted it’ll be an 8 year loan at 21% interest, but the sorts of people they prey on aren’t financially literate enough to realize that it’s a bad idea….
I guess we'll see. Wonder if we'll know if this is legit before we'll know of GRC pricing lol 🙃

·
Super Moderator
1,653 Posts
Both the Mustang and Camaro are legitimate sportscars at this point and they should be treated as such. Enthusiasts that turn their noses up at the current platforms have no idea what they’re talking about. They’re not sloppy drag strip crowd killers anymore. I get why the image of them and other things (lack of practicality, horrid gas mileage, obscene costs to insure, etc.) turn a lot of buyers off but they should still be respected for their track capabilities.

…the Challenger is another story. I think that thing is so freaking dumb and lazy. They’re just nice-ish (the 5.7 liter hemi is a joke compared to the Coyote or LS) V8s crammed into boats that are based on a platform from the early 2000s. They’re legitimately only good in a straight line and only the Scatpack and above are even all that impressive at that….a stock GTI will walk a V6 or RT Challenger or Charger all day every day.

That being said, they do look cool. That much I can’t deny. But the car is an absolute joke underneath the sheet metal.
As I was reading I was thinking "yes, except for the challenger" only to have my mind read later in your statement. The retro look will always be appealing to me and many others, it's an incredible and tasteful reincarnation. Other than that tho, you're 100% right. It won't evolve either, as it'll be replaced by an EV muscle car in 2024.
Don’t ever disrespect the Brotherhood of Muscle 😂

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 ·
Don’t ever disrespect the Brotherhood of Muscle 😂
It’s a two ton early 2000s S class with with truck engines and some nice sheet metal 🤣 I WILL DISRESPECT IT AS I PLEASE!!!!

(But I do bet it would be fun to have a Hellcat for like….a couple hours lol)

·
Registered
2008 FJ, 2022 GR Supra, 2020 RAV4 Hybrid
253 Posts
It’s a two ton early 2000s S class with with truck engines and some nice sheet metal 🤣 I WILL DISRESPECT IT AS I PLEASE!!!!

(But I do bet it would be fun to have a Hellcat for like….a couple hours lol)
maybe an hour, the fun is over when the tires are gone :LOL:

·
Super Moderator
2011 FJ TT, 2001 IS300
1,766 Posts
I believe Stellantis released a thing that FCA had to be full EV or have so many EV's by a certain date or they'd pull funding

• Wow
Reactions: ccrook06

·
Super Moderator
537 Posts
I have a mustang for sale if you're interested hahaha. Technically it's a Shelby, but the interior is 100% mustang :ROFLMAO: fabulous track car, when Ford ditched the solid rear axle on S550s the straight-line, crowd crashing mustang died. It's a very agile sports car with IFS.
I've got a cool, crisp Benjamin with your name on it. ;)

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #72 · (Edited)
Update: the other 2 ENs I said I’d buy at MSRP just sold for 2-5k over….now there’s nothing left in my area but black and white, and they even want over MSRP for those. With Hyundai’s unsavory dealership practices I may have to abandon this mission…as even the MSRP dealerships are slapping bogus 4 figure “fees” on them for ceramic coating and extended warranties and BS.

Oh well 🤷‍♂️ I’m not paying over MSRP for a car that only makes sense at MSRP. I may still wind up in a GRC and at least the Toyota dealership is legitimately only MSRP and hasn’t followed The Hyundai Standard of treating customers like dirt….

·
Super Moderator
1,653 Posts
Update: the other 2 ENs I said I’d buy at MSRP just sold for 2-5k over….now there’s nothing left in my area but black and white, and they even want over MSRP for those. With Hyundai’s unsavory dealership practices I may have to abandon this mission…as even the MSRP dealerships are slapping bogus 4 figure “fees” on them for ceramic coating and extended warranties and BS.

Oh well 🤷‍♂️ I’m not paying over MSRP for a car that only makes sense at MSRP. I may still wind up in a GRC and at least the Toyota dealership is legitimately only MSRP and hasn’t followed The Hyundai Standard of treating customers like dirt….
At least you have options for a backup I say

·
Registered
6 Posts
That sucks, dude. That's so annoying.

·
Registered
Old Subaru WRX
63 Posts
I'd say reporting your local unfriendly dealers to corporate is a good idea. A guy at work was saying Hyundai doesn't like their dealers doing this. He said he was looking at a Veloster N or Kona N and had the same problem of them wanting to charge more, saying that they couldn't reserve a car--it was first come, first served--but refusing to sell him a car when he was the first one at the dealer when the truck arrived with the new cars, etc.
He said he reported a few dealers and had some angry salesmen asking if he reported them to corporate, so it probably did something even if for now he still can't get a car at a good price.

·
Super Moderator
1,653 Posts
I'd say reporting your local unfriendly dealers to corporate is a good idea. A guy at work was saying Hyundai doesn't like their dealers doing this. He said he was looking at a Veloster N or Kona N and had the same problem of them wanting to charge more, saying that they couldn't reserve a car--it was first come, first served--but refusing to sell him a car when he was the first one at the dealer when the truck arrived with the new cars, etc.
He said he reported a few dealers and had some angry salesmen asking if he reported them to corporate, so it probably did something even if for now he still can't get a car at a good price.
That’s when you say yeah I did, you’re unprofessional. 😂

61 - 80 of 81 Posts