Toyota GR Corolla Forum - Release Date, Specs, Pricing Discussion banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any experience using the JB4 piggyback tuning module?
I'm just curious how much more hp and torque a unit like the JB4 could provide to the GR Corolla?
I like the idea of a JB4, because it can be removed with no trace, if you need to take your car in for service at a Toyota dealership.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Supra guys wya @Cptnslo
I had it prior to unlocking my ecu, depending on the map it would make various boost increases, map 1 was like 3ish lbs, map 2 was I believe was 5 and map 3 was 7 extra lbs. there was also an option for additional maps that could be “custom made” by outside tuners.
the Bluetooth module was incredibly convenient and allowed for code reading.
the thing I’ll be curious about is the use of the electronic waste gate module that was optional and became standard on Supra jb4 kits. It helped allow the ewg to open correctly to correlate to the increased boost pressure otherwise there was potential boost creep. I’m not sure if the GRC will have an ewg although I’d expect it too.

·
Registered
2014 Accord Coupe V6 Nav (manual), 2021 Corolla XSE HB (auto)
251 Posts
Thanks for the info.
Bottom line doesn't everyone want more horsepower and torque?
Would be great to get another 50hp.
Just keep in mind that the word was that Toyota was originally having cooling issues putting this engine in the Corolla. Knowing Toyota, it’s probably good for lite tuning and retaining reliability. But I would say that an indicator would be that they didn’t give the base GRC 300lbs of torque, but removed over 100lbs of weight and added the extra torque and gearing to the Moriso. I would say that if you go with any tuning changes, monitor and plan to improve your cooling as well. Or reduce the weight in your GRC to compensate.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts