Toyota GR Corolla Forum - Ownership Discussion banner

Interior all weather floor mats?

10K views 37 replies 21 participants last post by  dblyu 
#1 ·
Living in the Southeastern US we get to pay a sunshine tax for the GR Corolla all weather floor mats / trunk with it being $469 vs the rest of the US it being a $289 option according to build and price if you vary the zip code.

Does anyone know the service part numbers for the floor mats and trunk liner? What is the MSRP for these parts? I really don't want to pay almost $200 extra because I live in the southeastern US. Last time I looked weathertech didn't have any options for the GR Corolla available yet.

Thanks!

#12 ·

For those wondering, the floor mats are available for around $155 shipped at McGeorge Toyota. Just ordered mine since I only got carpet with the car.

#21 ·
I have some good news to piggyback off of your last update (y)

Good Morning,​
Thank you for your interest in TuxMat.​
At this time we are expecting inventory to arrive at some point next week. I would suggest adding your email address to our notification list and once the product arrives we would send you a quick email to let you know.​
If you have any other questions please let me know.​
Alix Taylor-Passmore​
TuxMat Inc.​
2111 McCowan Rd.​
Scarborough, ON M1S 3Y6​
P: 888-695-8336 EXT:237​

#14 ·
I just got the WeatherTech All-Weather rubber mats front and rear. They don't show the rears for the GR Corolla on the website, but I ordered the set for the Corolla hatchback and they fit well. The fronts are the same part number for both the GR and standard hatchback. $133 with tax and shipping.

#31 ·
I don't like the mats since the carpet gets dirty to the sides while the liners protect that area. The 3d Maxpiders I have on 5 of my cars have never curled in or misshapen over the years like many other brands. One of my friends has them in his work truck and they take a beating. After he washes them off they look brand new after many years of abuse with no curling at all.
Car Automotive design Personal luxury car Vehicle Motor vehicle
Hood Automotive design Grille Motor vehicle Automotive exterior

#26 ·
The Tuxmats showed up today. First time buying these but a coworker swears by them and I can see why. Fit and finish is excellent, and the included fixing clips--two kinds were included: tabs to go behind plastic trim and velcro to stick to carpets--will certainly prevent any sides from sagging over time. I do wish they came with more of the tab clips as I ran out and had to substitute velcro clips in a few places that I would have preferred the tabs. Overall I'm very pleased with my purchase and am excited to see how well these keep the winter grime out of the carpets. 10/10 would recommend.

Here's some terrible low light pictures:
Vehicle Car Automotive design Steering part Car seat cover
Vehicle Hood Car Automotive design Personal luxury car

Car Vehicle Automotive design Car seat cover Personal luxury car

Vehicle Car Automotive design Motor vehicle Personal luxury car

#32 ·
Update on Tuxmat trunk liners. This was their response to my inquiry this week:

"Thank you for your response. Unfortunately, TuxMat will not be producing trunk mats for the GR Corolla. A lsting was for a Corolla GR trunk mat was added to our website in error and has since been removed. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Please let us know if you have any other questions"

A little disappointing, but it's understandably a small volume product.

#36 ·
The all weather OEM liners were also not supported on the sides, so I didn’t add them into my equation, maybe I should?

My (very) unscientific ranking given was due to the fact there was a tad bit of bunching where the fenders reside, and when lifting the interior cover to access beneath, the liner didn’t bend as easy as the OEM one. (And I do understand these are very small issues. Just wanted to be transparent.)

#37 ·
Did anyone with tuxmats experience an issue with the small tab-like parts that extend away from the footwell, to between the seat and the door end up sticking up?

I thought I was just meant to use the included plastic hardware to hold em down, but in some of the photos here I can’t see it being needed.

#38 ·
Did anyone with tuxmats experience an issue with the small tab-like parts that extend away from the footwell, to between the seat and the door end up sticking up?

I thought I was just meant to use the included plastic hardware to hold em down, but in some of the photos here I can’t see it being needed.
You mean the flappy bit behind the fuel filler release? I've got one of the tab clips holding it down and another clip just below it to help it contour to the floor, same on the passenger side. The rear flaps are just kind of wedged in between the B-pillar and the seat rail and don't have any tabs added

Hood Automotive tire Automotive design Automotive lighting Bumper
Sleeve Automotive design Grey Vehicle door Tints and shades