Toyota GR Corolla Forum - Release Date, Specs, Pricing Discussion banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just called my insurance agent with the VIN of my upcoming GR Corolla to get a quote.
For 6-months of full coverage with a $500 deductible it will be $506.85.
That means $84.47 per month. I'm in rural Alabama, married, 25yr old, male, clean driving record.
This is with Alfa Insurance.
I figured some of you may have been wondering. Mine is definitely on the low side.

Edit: I also have a multi-car discount. We have 4 cars insured with them.

· Registered
2016 Toyota 4Runner Trail Edition
265 Posts
It will be low initially. Then it will start climbing toward the end of the model life. Halfway through the next generation -- when the degens get hold of them after the first owners move on to the next thing -- the rates reach a crescendo and are double what they initially were.

· Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It will be low initially. Then it will start climbing toward the end of the model life. Halfway through the next generation -- when the degens get hold of them after the first owners move on to the next thing -- the rates reach a crescendo and are double what they initially were.
If this thing stays as hard to get as it is now, I don't see degens getting ahold of them for a long while. Here's hoping they hold their value.

· Registered
265 Posts
If this thing stays as hard to get as it is now, I don't see degens getting ahold of them for a long while. Here's hoping they hold their value.
I'm implying 5-6 years. They will probably track the way STIs and Type Rs hold their value. You can nab a 2017-18 WRX STI for the mid $20k range pretty easily.

· Registered
265 Posts
Type r you cannot nab in that range though
There are some right at $30k which isn't much more of a reach than mid $20k. Regardless, the GRC attracts the same type of buyer as those cars, so the insurance rates will reflect that. Add in standard summer tires and AWD inspired overconfidence...

· Registered
1,752 Posts
There are some right at $30k which isn't much more of a reach than mid $20k. Regardless, the GRC attracts the same type of buyer as those cars, so the insurance rates will reflect that. Add in standard summer tires and AWD inspired overconfidence...
the only ones im seeing for the msot part that are mid 30s are either 50-60k+ more miles or salvage titles
Automotive parking light Car Tire Wheel Land vehicle

· Registered
353 Posts
I just called my insurance agent with the VIN of my upcoming GR Corolla to get a quote.
That means $84.47 per month. I'm in rural Alabama, married, 25yr old, male, clean driving record.
I figured some of you may have been wondering. Mine is definitely on the low side.

Just called Allstate yesterday and grabbed a quote, looking at $800 over 6 months. Im gettting the itch to switch from allstate. Been with them awhile, have multi cars and homeowners through them. And they're still expensive.

· Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just called Allstate yesterday and grabbed a quote, looking at $800 over 6 months. Im gettting the itch to switch from allstate. Been with them awhile, have multi cars and homeowners through them. And they're still expensive.
Location is a huge part of it. Do you live in a highly populated area?

· Registered
265 Posts
I just happened to start lurking for Sti's yesterday. Can't find any STI's for that price unless they have 100k miles or more. Wrxs more likely.
And the number of miles on the car matters how? As long as some yahoo can get behind the wheel of the same make and model of car and punt it off the road into an embankment, it goes into the database for insurance rates on that make and model.

You people are lying to yourselves if you think that only responsible adults are going to be behind the wheel of the GR Corolla. This segment attracts the kind of buyer that makes less than great decisions. The same guy that decides he'll pay $5k markup on one because it's only $93/mo more is the same guy that will yeet it off the road because he can't afford snow tires.

· Registered
353 Posts
And the number of miles on the car matters how? As long as some yahoo can get behind the wheel of the same make and model of car and punt it off the road into an embankment, it goes into the database for insurance rates on that make and model.

You people are lying to yourselves if you think that only responsible adults are going to be behind the wheel of the GR Corolla. This segment attracts the kind of buyer that makes less than great decisions. The same guy that decides he'll pay $5k markup on one because it's only $93/mo more is the same guy that will yeet it off the road because he can't afford snow tires.
Idk about you but after owning my wrx since brand new and putting 92k on it. The mileage deff affects it lol I sold it knowing the head gaskets were going, also had cooling issues and the trans syncros were having issues.

· Registered
351 Posts
Location is a huge part of it. Do you live in a highly populated area?
Oddly enough when I bought my house, I purchased in a rural area. My rates went up. I can only imagine it's because increase risk of deer hits? Thats the only thing I can think of. I used to live in a college town with no shortage of out of state and inept drivers. I would think my rates would go down.

· Registered
1992 Toyota Paseo
366 Posts
Oddly enough when I bought my house, I purchased in a rural area. My rates went up. I can only imagine it's because increase risk of deer hits? Thats the only thing I can think of. I used to live in a college town with no shortage of out of state and inept drivers. I would think my rates would go down.
The amount you drive daily also matters. So if your commute has extended because you live further away from work, you are at higher risk. However, if you're working from home, then it could be what you mentioned.

· Registered
1,752 Posts

what company are you using?

· Registered
259 Posts
I feel better by the fact that I still haven't seen any articles about someone totalling it yet.

STI value is considering it's been a thing for nearing 20 years, and the sold as many as they could make. CTR isn't that, and the GRC won't be that.

Trying to anticipate value in 6 years is a total waste of time.

Right now, 1800 a year in downtown Houston area.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts