Toyota GR Corolla Forum - Ownership Discussion banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

How many miles did your GR Corolla have when delivered and which Port did it process through?

10K views 63 replies 45 participants last post by  Jowribbit 
#1 · (Edited)
Having taken delivery of my GR Corolla, I was surprised that it had 19 miles on the odometer directly off the truck and before the Pre Delivery Inspection. My car came from the LA Port. I asked about mileage and was told that 19 miles is low. I still have a hard time believing that, if you have taken delivery of your GRC, can you please post the mileage on purchase and which Port your car was processed through? Here is a picture of my odometer while it sat waiting for the PDI. When the car was delivered to me it had 24 miles on the odometer before I drove it off the lot. Thanks
Vehicle Automotive design Personal luxury car Gadget Electronic device

See less See more
#3 ·
That is a surprising amount of miles from a car that just came off a truck. My car arrived with 5-6 miles. It was then taken out to get a full tank of gas and came back with 8-9 miles. Sales guy made me go for a test drive and I came with 11 miles after. I do not have a clear image as my phone focused on the emblem, but you can tell it is single digit on the odo (not trip A).

Car Speedometer Vehicle Tachometer Trip computer

#8 ·
Wow, that confirms my suspicion. I thought 19 miles was a lot of miles. Hopefully mine isn’t the red GR in that Facebook post where the guy at the port took it for a ride. The Porsche I used to own had the ability to store engine data so you could pull the data and see if the engine had ever been over revved. I wonder if our GR‘s have that capability? So far it looks like I have a high mileage at port GR! Lol 19 miles! Thanks guys keep it coming.

#12 ·
Oh that's the worst. Same thing happened when I took delivery of my Rav4 Prime SE. The sales guy, who was otherwise fine, would basically not take no for an answer. He eventually gave up after I firmly told him I'm not doing it and would walk out if he wouldn't take no for an answer. I set everything up when I got home and navigated around to turn off all data sharing. Haven't gone as far as pulling a fuse though.

#15 ·
This should probably be topic in a new thread maybe General discussion or Tech. Hopefully the Moderators will create sections for Toyota's apps and Safety System 3.0 as more questions arise.

Dealer would like you to have the Toyota app on your phone, and signed into account on the app, which allows the car to sign you (your phone) in and set up a profile for your infotainment/vehicle settings. I don't think it's mandatory, but they want the car fully functional as they hand you the keys so they will spend some time setting it up to have a happy connected customer.

I have yet to revisit the settings and offerings, but Toyota Connect as I understand it is a subscription service, including the Navigation function and other things like stolen car recovery, maintenance reminders etc. As such it requires a master data agreement giving Toyota access to the cars location, speed etc. if you wish to use any of those functions. It's free for a trial period. There are at least two other data permissions to sign, one of which is giving Toyotas Insurance arm access to your data, you can decline that one with out losing any functions. I don't recall what the last one was.

So just know that as you are anxious to drive away in your new car you will need to make some quick decisions on data privacy, or functionality, chose one (1).

Probably nothing your phone isn't already loading to the cloud already, and the tech guy claimed that the reason Toyota was so slow to adopt Android Auto was disagreements over keeping car data in-house, and Google met their terms. I have not researched this. There's a sticker on the display warning you that data transmission is on, with a link for more info; www.toyota.com/privacyvts

#16 · (Edited)
When I first got to the dealership it had 7 miles on it. After I test drove it twice and I think it got “gassed up” I drove off the lot with 14.
When I showed up that morning to buy it the PDI tech was driving it past me. So I assume it had less than 7 off the truck.
My 19’ Corolla HB I had before the GR I test drove new with 3. Bought from the same dealership.
Both in the Sacramento area of NorCal so I think thats Long Beach port. At least the GR. Not 100% sure though.

Edit: Added pic
Automotive design Personal luxury car Tints and shades Vehicle Auto part

#22 ·
Not a GRC but same general concern. When I bought my Type R it had 9 miles on it. The dealer had it for about a week before I bought it. When I do get a GRC, if the mileage seems a little high I plan to ask the dealer to pull any logs or other data. I figure Toyota has something built in to record that information for warranty purposes. That way if anything happens, I have record that it occurred prior to my possession.

#23 ·
Mine was purchased with 9 miles on the odometer. And I purchased in PA, no clue what port. I know it sat at the dealer for 4 days before I was able to get there. Assuming the Sales DORK and the tech took it for a spin to SEE WHAT ITS GOT! As well the port ppl moving it etc.

#31 ·
Just asked my dealer to send pics of the odometer from my car as the car has just landed. It has 22 km on the clock, which is around 13.5 Miles. It doesn't look too bad, and there are videos on Snapchat of people revving it.

Not much you can do. At least it's finally here. Picking it up in a couple of days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.