Toyota GR Corolla Forum - Release Date, Specs, Pricing Discussion banner
41 - 52 of 52 Posts

Registered
I don't recommend PPF for this car. The entire front is a giant grille, you won't be getting your money's worth. Save your $1000-2000.
While this is true, I'll still protect the entire roof, fenders, A-pillars and roof from rocks. I've had many times where a rock has damaged these areas. Applying PPF is much cheaper than repainting areas damaged by rocks. And I've got a guy that takes care of me. 馃槈馃槑

Registered
Much better choice than the Club which can be removed with a hacksaw in 1 minute.
That is very cool, I've never seen it before. Thanks for sharing. I'll have to pick on up that could work on many of my cars. I've always used the Club as a deterrent as thieves don't want to take that extra minute when the car next to them is much easier. Luckily, I rarely find myself leaving my car alone and vulnerable to theft. If that will happen I'll take a different car and mt my GRC, MR2, or Corolla Turbo. 馃槏

Banned
While this is true, I'll still protect the entire roof, fenders, A-pillars and roof from rocks. I've had many times where a rock has damaged these areas. Applying PPF is much cheaper than repainting areas damaged by rocks. And I've got a guy that takes care of me. 馃槈馃槑
I usually do the full bumper, full Hood, full fenders, mirrors and rocker panels especially on the GRC because the rear fenders really flare out.
Probably going to do the roof in a carbon fiber wrap if I get a Core model馃槈.
If I get a Circuit Edition I'll wrap the CF roof in clear ppf and call it a day.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Well....I've got a black core. Damn am I loving this color. Going to do paint correction this weekend (dealer didn't wash it and there are still some swirls and minor scratches).

Going to do 2 layers of Mohs Evo. Considering PPF but everyone in the DFW area has wanted ridiculous amounts of money (will take any recs).

I also switched job locations to straight up hood area, so will likely need to get a dash cam at the least.

Registered
鈥21 Tundra - Cavalry Blue
I鈥檓 doing a matte ppf on mine (hopefully white or black paint) gonna cost a shit ton but I really don鈥檛 want to have to worry about paint ever again, in winter I want to be able to take it through a wash every week without worrying.
I have seriously considered doing matte PPF when my ice cap core shows up. I think it鈥檒l look really good in matte white.

I also want to get the windshield PPF since front glass only lasts about a week in DFW.

Registered
鈥15 Ford Fiesta ST; '22 RAV4 Hybrid
Looking into doing PPF for the hood, fenders, front bumper, rear quarters cause of the flares, and door cups cause dang ring scratches. Looks like I鈥檒l be at $1600-2000 for all the ppf I鈥檓 looking to do. Will likely do griots ceramic coating on the car as it鈥檚 worked well as an DIY for the RAV4. Also have a A119 dashcam that鈥檚 been a loyal servant I鈥檒l be putting into it.

Registered
I have PPF installed on the entire hood, fenders, headlights, and front bumper. The side mirrors, side skirts, door cups, and rear fender flares will all get PPF. I'll follow that up with 2 coats of R1 ceramic coating and use Griot's Garage ceramic products to enhance and keep the ceramic coating in like new condition.

Registered
鈥15 Ford Fiesta ST; '22 RAV4 Hybrid
Really curious if anyone will ppf the interior gloss black pieces or what that process looks like. Would be my first car having it in an area that gets easily scratched / dusty.

41 - 52 of 52 Posts