Toyota GR Corolla Forum - Release Date, Specs, Pricing Discussion banner
21 - 36 of 36 Posts

Registered
2022 Toyota Sienna XSE | Celestial Silver
Protection???

...Springfield Hellcat, Sig Sauer 365 Macro, 1911, couple AR's... nothing crazy. 馃ぃ

Jokes aside, it'll be either daily or somewhat daily, depending on what I decide to do with my current Honda Fit. I may keep it and turn it into a Turo rental, meaning the GRC will be daily, or make the Fit a part-time Turo/HyreCar rental and run the GRC on weekends or a couple of weekdays... I don't know just yet.

PPF the front end is a must, as I would wager that the Toyota paint I have been blessed with on a Sienna is equally trash. Darker tint, something of higher quality (3M, etc.), ceramic coat the entire car, Dashcam front, and rear.

Depending on how motivated I am, I might ceramic protect the interior, all-weather floor mats, and trunk mat/tray... dirty carpet is a pet peeve.

Registered
1991 Mustang GT, 2010 Nissan Versa Hatchback
Yea just drop an apple AirTag somewhere discreet in the car. I don't think it will be much of a theft magnet TBH. Really hard to steal cars nowadays with the exception of kia's and Hyundai's, unless someone literally tows your car. But if someone wants it that bad, it will be stolen.
One thing I have used in the past that always worked was a device similar to the club, but is put onto the clutch pedal. Makes depressing the clutch pedal impossible, therefore car won't be able to move. And because it is under the dash, it makes it virtually impossible to get a sawzall down in such a tight area to cut it off. Don't know if they sell that device anymore.
They still sell them. When I bought my fox body a few years ago I went for the time period appropriate security and got a club AND the clutch club you're talking about. Got them both off amazon for not that much.

Registered
Lol, I'm trying to keep it nice so my kids (don't have any yet) aren't embarrassed when they drive it during high school.
Hehehe your comment made my laugh first and then it made me reflect on how maybe these new generations have it harder when it comes to their colleagues making them embarrassed..... I mean there have always existed these situations before but now with all of these technologies, and online social media and basically everyone having a cellphone with a camera these kids embarrassing moments can (and many times are) shared lived.

I currently don't have kids so I have no idea how these situations are currently in schools so I could be way off on this. For all I know kids are more conscious and nothing I saw back then in HS is being repeated. On a positive actual note, what I do think they have it better than older generations is (on the same note of technology) the many online tools they have to make education easier, my niece is always getting free trigonometry tutor help in this website whenever she needs help with her homework. I mean back then we'd only have our book, and school library and some other tools but that's it :LOL:

Registered
Same as the STi or RS I owned. PPF full front end, behind the wheels, kick plates, and rear parcel shelf. Core I鈥檒l do the first 12鈥 of the roof. Circuit, the entire roof. Ceramic tint on all windows, same %, like it even. And clear tint on the windshield to avoid the foldy things. Then the flaps when RA makes them as they stop a heap of junk being flung at the paint.

Definitely won鈥檛 be my DD. It鈥檚 the winter and bad weather fun machine.

Registered
2021 Corvette C8
If I get a Core as a beater, which is what I am leaning towards. I will simply insure it and dash cam it. If I run nice wheels on it I will insure it extra. I want this car because I work in the City and have to go all over the place and street park.

Dash cam is for the idiots who run lights and crap. No BS stories when the camera sees what really happened.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
I was all for ppf everywhere, but started looking at nearby prices and woof! I recently found a place to repaint some parts of my wife's rx350 that had bird etchings from the previous owner (etchings remained even after my 2 stage correction). $500 a panel. They did a super super awesome job, with a lifetime warranty.

Now I'm thinking I might just PPF the roof for the CF and ceramic coat everything at home myself. Then just repaint anything years down the line if they need it.

馃し馃し

Registered
2011 Volkswagen GTI
I was all for ppf everywhere, but started looking at nearby prices and woof! I recently found a place to repaint some parts of my wife's rx350 that had bird etchings from the previous owner (etchings remained even after my 2 stage correction). $500 a panel. They did a super super awesome job, with a lifetime warranty.

Now I'm thinking I might just PPF the roof for the CF and ceramic coat everything at home myself. Then just repaint anything years down the line if they need it.

馃し馃し
PPF is more money than a colour change wrap. That's why I am doing the latter.

Registered
PPF is more money than a colour change wrap. That's why I am doing the latter.
I'll be going full frontal ppf, including the roof... painted or carbon fiber.
Plus the side rocker panels for sure since the rear fenders stick out so much.
You either pay now(when new) or pay later with a respray.
I personally would rather keep all the paint original.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts