Toyota GR Corolla Forum - Release Date, Specs, Pricing Discussion banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, my name is Marc and here's to hoping that we see this thing soon! Currently I've got a 1991 MR2 Turbo and a 1988 Celica Turbo4wd (the Canadian name of the GT-Four/All-trac). The fiancee has a 1986 MR2 as well with a 4AGZE swap.

Hopefully we see the grrolla - I'm sticking with this name lol - soon as I think it would be a great photo to have the celica and the grrolla together. The first year of turbo awd Toyota and the newest one! We started from a tercel4wd, then the celica, so this would be a nice modern one. Plus I need a new daily haha

·
Registered
106 Posts
Hello, my name is Marc and here's to hoping that we see this thing soon! Currently I've got a 1991 MR2 Turbo and a 1988 Celica Turbo4wd (the Canadian name of the GT-Four/All-trac). The fiancee has a 1986 MR2 as well with a 4AGZE swap.

Hopefully we see the grrolla - I'm sticking with this name lol - soon as I think it would be a great photo to have the celica and the grrolla together. The first year of turbo awd Toyota and the newest one! We started from a tercel4wd, then the celica, so this would be a nice modern one. Plus I need a new daily haha
Hey Marc! Welcome to the forum! That's an awesome batch of cars you have. How long have you and your fiancee had them for?

Grrolla is a great name lol I'm going to have to use that myself lol.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I'm happy to see this forum so soon. I've been fascinated with the GR Yaris from the beginning and so hoping that we would see the GR Corolla from the first hunt of it coming to the US. I own 6 Toyotas at the moment. I'm sure some others will know me as SuperchargedMR2 from my screen name on other forums. I own an 89 Supercharged MR2 5MT that I love.
Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle Car

Motor vehicle Car Hood Automotive design Automotive exterior

I own a 2009 Corolla s 5MT that I turbocharged 5 years ago because I thought that I would never see a turbo Corolla from Toyota directly and while I love my own creation and will be keeping it I'm looking forward to owning a GR Corolla too.
Wheel Tire Sky Cloud Car

Vehicle Hood Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Grille

I also bought a 2017 Corolla iM 6MT new and love that car too. It's still the best looking hatchback IMO. I've increased the stock 137bhp to 180bhp with the addition of a DC Sports CAI and ceramic 4-2-1 header, DNA 2 1/4" catback exhaust, Quantum Solenoids, Jet MAF, and NST lightweight crank pulley. The difference that it made is noticeable even though it's not as dynamic as my 2009 Corolla Turbo.
Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Car Vehicle

Car Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design Vehicle

·
Registered
106 Posts
I'm happy to see this forum so soon. I've been fascinated with the GR Yaris from the beginning and so hoping that we would see the GR Corolla from the first hunt of it coming to the US. I own 6 Toyotas at the moment. I'm sure some others will know me as SuperchargedMR2 from my screen name on other forums. I own an 89 Supercharged MR2 5MT that I love.
View attachment 32

View attachment 37

I own a 2009 Corolla s 5MT that I turbocharged 5 years ago because I thought that I would never see a turbo Corolla from Toyota directly and while I love my own creation and will be keeping it I'm looking forward to owning a GR Corolla too.
View attachment 33

View attachment 34

I also bought a 2017 Corolla iM 6MT new and love that car too. It's still the best looking hatchback IMO. I've increased the stock 137bhp to 180bhp with the addition of a DC Sports CAI and ceramic 4-2-1 header, DNA 2 1/4" catback exhaust, Quantum Solenoids, Jet MAF, and NST lightweight crank pulley. The difference that it made is noticeable even though it's not as dynamic as my 2009 Corolla Turbo.
View attachment 35

View attachment 36
Wow that is such a clean MR2! How long have you had it for?

For the 2009 Corolla which turbo did you add and how much of a performance boost did it give?

·
Registered
135 Posts
Wow that is such a clean MR2! How long have you had it for?

For the 2009 Corolla which turbo did you add and how much of a performance boost did it give?
I bought my MR2 back in 2002 with 52k miles on it. It now has 151k miles.

My Corolla build added roughly 100bhp to my car. The car has so much passing power and the way it pulls in the mountains and at higher elevations. It's a blast to drive and completely transformed the car.
  • Custom Spec'd T28 Billet Turbocharger
  • High SILMoly Ductile Iron Cast 4-1 Manifold
  • 3" Stainless Mandrel Bent Downpipe
  • 2"-2.5" Polished Aluminum Charge Piping
  • 3” Cold Air Intake Pipe
  • Polished Front Mount IC
  • Forge Silver Billet BOV
  • 3" Stainless Steel Exhaust

·
Registered
106 Posts
I bought my MR2 back in 2002 with 52k miles on it. It now has 151k miles.

My Corolla build added roughly 100bhp to my car. The car has so much passing power and the way it pulls in the mountains and at higher elevations. It's a blast to drive and completely transformed the car.
  • Custom Spec'd T28 Billet Turbocharger
  • High SILMoly Ductile Iron Cast 4-1 Manifold
  • 3" Stainless Mandrel Bent Downpipe
  • 2"-2.5" Polished Aluminum Charge Piping
  • 3” Cold Air Intake Pipe
  • Polished Front Mount IC
  • Forge Silver Billet BOV
  • 3" Stainless Steel Exhaust
That's a nice little sleeper Corolla you've put together! I'm sure it sounds great too with that exhaust when you put the pedal down.

·
Registered
135 Posts
That's a nice little sleeper Corolla you've put together! I'm sure it sounds great too with that exhaust when you put the pedal down.
Thanks. I've enjoyed it a lot since I installed the turbo kit and I've taken it on many long road trips all over the western half off the US. It's so fun in the mountains now. Here is a quick little video I did years ago. I do have some other videos of it on my IG @JimsGarageToys

·
Registered
106 Posts
Thanks. I've enjoyed it a lot since I installed the turbo kit and I've taken it on many long road trips all over the western half off the US. It's so fun in the mountains now. Here is a quick little video I did years ago. I do have some other videos of it on my IG @JimsGarageToys
Ahhh who doesn't love a good whoosh sound lol.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Welcome! Any pics of your current Toyotas? Are you considering any other new vehicles?
The new Type R should be exciting.
I keep meaning to bring up photos at home, but I tend to visit the forum at work more lol. Here's my SW20 and the fiancee's AW11. Yes those are our actual license plates that we scoped out for years, not a custom plate. The ST165 is currently being worked on so I don't have any recent photos. She was t-boned at the quarter/door earlier this year and thankfully it was collector insured and insurance is fixing her and not writing off.

She's had the AW11 for about 8 years now, it was resurrected from being left in the previous owner's farm, and I've had my SW20 for about 7 years. We've done lots of trips in both cars and it has never been a disappointment. Both cars are about the same mileage just over 200k km. She's driven hers about 50k and I've driven mine for almost 100k km. Both cars have done the drive to Toyotafest in Long Beach, CA from Canada multiple years as well as Vegas for the AW11.

Automotive parking light Tire Car Automotive side marker light Vehicle

Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Car Vehicle

Wheel Tire Car Sky Land vehicle

@Jim love that sleeper Corolla! I had a matrix before and I always wanted to do a supercharger/turbo on it.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I keep meaning to bring up photos at home, but I tend to visit the forum at work more lol. Here's my SW20 and the fiancee's AW11. Yes those are our actual license plates that we scoped out for years, not a custom plate. The ST165 is currently being worked on so I don't have any recent photos. She was t-boned at the quarter/door earlier this year and thankfully it was collector insured and insurance is fixing her and not writing off.

She's had the AW11 for about 8 years now, it was resurrected from being left in the previous owner's farm, and I've had my SW20 for about 7 years. We've done lots of trips in both cars and it has never been a disappointment. Both cars are about the same mileage just over 200k km. She's driven hers about 50k and I've driven mine for almost 100k km. Both cars have done the drive to Toyotafest in Long Beach, CA from Canada multiple years as well as Vegas for the AW11.

View attachment 128
View attachment 129

View attachment 127

View attachment 130

@Jim love that sleeper Corolla! I had a matrix before and I always wanted to do a supercharger/turbo on it.
Love the MR2 pics! Maybe one day I'll see you in Long Beach. I';ve been there in 2019 and 2021 with my 2009 Corolla S Turbo 5MT and next year I was planning to take my MR2.

·
Registered
106 Posts

View attachment 128
View attachment 129

View attachment 127

View attachment 130

Those Tom's Racing wheels are amazing! When did you get those?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts