Toyota GR Corolla Forum - Release Date, Specs, Pricing Discussion banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys!

Super excited to be a part of this group. I just put my deposit on my GR core a couple weeks ago. I believe they said I was #3 at the dealer.

I'm from the Mississauga area and I'm working as a Security Automation Designer with a background in Electrical Engineering Technology.

Currently driving a 2012 Lexus ES350 (not mine) as my daily and I drive my father's 1991 Acura Integra in the summer (he's the OG owner!). He won't let me do anything to the car. So after a lot of time and saving, I was finally able to get my own. Took a lot of time and research though. And yes, I know I need to change my profile picture haha.

Looking forward to meeting new people and chatting more :D

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome! People around your city are slackers, you just put in a deposit weeks ago and you are number 3? Hahaha! Nice!
Yes! Allocation is very hit or miss depending on the dealership and location. The dealer I went with only had 2 orders ahead of mine and only started taking deposits that week. But other busier dealers in Toronto have much more orders but more allocation. It was difficult calling around for months to try to secure a deposit. But once I found the right dealer, it was really easy. Very lucky to have found a lowkey dealer with allocation remaining.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes! Allocation is very hit or miss depending on the dealership and location. The dealer I went with only had 2 orders ahead of mine and only started taking deposits that week. But other busier dealers in Toronto have much more orders but more allocation. It was difficult calling around for months to try to secure a deposit. But once I found the right dealer, it was really easy. Very lucky to have found a lowkey dealer with allocation remaining.
Just for reference, I think there are 6 Toyota dealers in my city, and I think I went to the least busy/most lowkey location.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts