Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where are you from?
I'm from New York originally and now living in Houston since 2019

What's your current car?

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Plant

Currently leasing a 2019 Dodge Charger RT

What's your hobbies?
Basketball, Road trips, Cars

I got really hyped seeing the unveiling of the GR Corolla as I've really been trying to figure out what kind of car I want to get early next year after my lease is up. I finally settled on getting a hatchback, preferably in manual, with AWD being a bonus. So I'm pretty excited for the GRC since it checks all of those boxes. Though I'm still a bit undecided in that I've not really considered myself much of a car enthusiast, but more on the side of liking cars in general and just taking it out for a spin or going on longer road trips and such. So for example, I'm always watching car enthusiast youtubers review cars and I appreciate being able to keep up to date with that and that's pretty much as far as I take my passion for cars. I've never taken my charger to the track or anything and I don't have any experience in doing so. It might be something I'd like to try but I feel like I also don't want to put extra load on a car that I would consider to be a daily driver. So i'm trying to figure out whether a car like the GR Corolla is something that would be fun for someone who simply just wants to have a nice ride as a daily driver as opposed to taking it to the track / tuning and applying mods and stuff. Does anybody have some advice for someone in my position?

Sorry for the long intro, but nice to meet yall! Hope I can come to a decision about this awesome GRC soon 馃槄

Super Moderator
Welcome aboard!

No one can say for sure, since we don't have any driving impressions or details, but I'll give you my two cents.

I have a 2014 Focus ST right now. I've found that the practicality if a hatchback and the ability to have fun whenever and wherever I want has been insanely valuable to me. Even in stock form, as a daily driver the car is nearly perfect for what I wanted.

The whole appeal of hot hatchbacks in general is the ability to go from casual grocery getter to fun, spirited back road driving machine at the drop of a hat. Fun and practicality, perfectly balanced.

That said, when it comes to daily driving, it'll depend heavily on suspension tuning and driving characteristics. The Focus ST is a great balance between a comfy right, but stuff enough to corner. The Focus RS had great suspension for the track, but was rough and unfun for daily driver duties. The Golf R has a super comfy suspension.

It will really all come down to what Toyota does with suspension and MPG.

Reactions: rubot

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome aboard!

No one can say for sure, since we don't have any driving impressions or details, but I'll give you my two cents.

I have a 2014 Focus ST right now. I've found that the practicality if a hatchback and the ability to have fun whenever and wherever I want has been insanely valuable to me. Even in stock form, as a daily driver the car is nearly perfect for what I wanted.

The whole appeal of hot hatchbacks in general is the ability to go from casual grocery getter to fun, spirited back road driving machine at the drop of a hat. Fun and practicality, perfectly balanced.

That said, when it comes to daily driving, it'll depend heavily on suspension tuning and driving characteristics. The Focus ST is a great balance between a comfy right, but stuff enough to corner. The Focus RS had great suspension for the track, but was rough and unfun for daily driver duties. The Golf R has a super comfy suspension.

It will really all come down to what Toyota does with suspension and MPG.
Thanks for your input! Will keep this mind as we learn more in the upcoming months :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.