Toyota GR Corolla Forum - Ownership Discussion banner

GRY OR CIVIC TYPE R MK8? Which would you choose?

3K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  sugarfish 
#1 ·
With very limited numbers of GRCs coming to my country I've been looking at some other options.

I have the option to get a very low mileage version of either the GRY (Circut Pack) 2021 or MK8 TYPE R (2019) and am weighing up the pros and cons.

Both are similar in price.

Which would you pick???

#6 ·
I drove a friend's FK8 CTR for a few runs in the mountains. For street driving, once the novelty of it being way more capable than you'd expect wore off, it's high limits actually became a detriment to engagement. It felt like the car was doing all the work and I was just along for the ride. Track driving might be a different story, but I just wasn't comfortable pushing someone else's car deep into go-to-jail speeds just to play with the limit.

I love that the GR-Four system has adjustable torque split settings. Sport mode's 30/70 F/R split might not be the fastest, but I have a feeling it'll be the most entertaining on the street.

#12 ·
GRC isn't the GRY. I hate to wheel out the press talking points but the GRY is a "homologation special". The GRC clearly isn't. The MK8 will be faster around a track then both. Also being that the majority of uses of this forum are from the US (where the most MK8s are sold) I thought people may be able to give their take or speculate.....but Duh.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.