Toyota GR Corolla Forum - Release Date, Specs, Pricing Discussion banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

Registered
The senior Toyota executive has also revealed that there's enough space to package the GR Corolla Morizo's special close-ratio six-speed manual gearbox, which will replace the six-speed in the current GR Yaris 鈥 known as the car's weak spot. This drivetrain will now be able to cope with not only the 295lb ft the GR Corolla Morizo produces but even more torque than that.
Hold on...the 6MT in the GRY is known as the car's "weak spot" ? This is the first I am hearing of this.

Registered
'13 FR-S, '09 Yaris 5 Dr, '88 Celica All-Trac, '87 FX16, '83 FJ40, '69 Datsun 510, Suzuki XL-7
The article doesn't seem right to me. The GRMN already has rear seat delete and close ratio gearbox. I'm sure if the model is continued to further production the new ones will get the new engines, but I don't see them doing a sperate ME edition in those markets. Just like I'm a bit dubious if there will be a GRMN C here in NA.

Super Moderator
2011 FJ TT, 2001 IS300
Presumably for power delivery, not for reliability. That's my guess based on the context, anyways
I believe this to be true. Don't think Motive has touched their GRY trans. Also, they call it the "Morizo's special close-ratio six-speed" but it's actually the same ratios of the GRMNY so it's the GRMN's "special close-ratio six-speed" to be nit picky. This car just sounds like a GRMN with more power. They claim "Morizo" is saved for the top racers but the GRC is the first time we're seeing a Morizo, no? They've had 2 GRMN Yaris and a GRMN 86 which have been the top of the lines

Registered
2014 Accord Coupe V6 Nav (manual), 2021 Corolla XSE HB (auto)
My bet is mid-cycle refresh GRC, if there is one, will receive the ME powertrain as standard.
I鈥檓 betting end of second year, or beginning of third.

2nd year will just be a new limited version to replace the circuit, possibly look like the RZ (Moriso styled wheels and pearl paint)
3rd year will have have another new limited version that will incorporate the power, maybe the tranny ratios.
the limited may eventually have most of the Moriso parts just before they shut down, but it will probably never get the deleted parts. Maybe never get the special gray paint, but I can see the pearl white as a possible option on the limited version one year.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts