Toyota GR Corolla Forum - Release Date, Specs, Pricing Discussion banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi friends, I am Muffin from Cleveland, Ohio. I'm in my mid-twenties, and currently own a Mazdaspeed3 as well as a couple motorcycles.

If I can get my hands on a GRC, it would most likely serve as an upgraded replacement for my 'Speed3, which is my daily driver in all weather, as well as summer track toy (I usually attend ~5 track events per year.) Ideally I'd be able to find a winter beater to minimize rust, and I'd also love to get a kei car just for fun, but that will depend on my future housing circumstances as my apartment's single garage bay limits me to just one car at the moment.

As far as why I want a GR Corolla, it's largely due to hot hatch versatility. You can haul all kinds of stuff (I've moved apartments and occasionally my Grom in back of my Mazda), comfortably fit passengers, and still tear up the race track all with one vehicle. I've also been waiting for it ever since the Yaris was released; fantastic AWD system, powerful motor, and Toyota longevity sounds awesome.

Lastly, I believe that each consumer "votes" with their dollar: you can't complain about the lack of cool cars on the market, while refusing to ever spend the money on a new car. After years of making good but boring cars, Toyota finally decided to inject a little excitement into their brand, and so, I will support them.

Tire Wheel Car Sky Land vehicle

·
Registered
201 Posts
…this guy gets it. These are the precise reasons why I’m going GRC. Can’t beat the versatility of a hot hatch and if we want enthusiast cars to keep being made we need to talk with our wallets when manufacturers offer them. Welcome aboard amigo!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts