Toyota GR Corolla Forum - Ownership Discussion banner

Great news (for me)

8K views 36 replies 15 participants last post by  EMIRA 
#1 ·
I had a phone call from my excitable Toyota salesman, saying he had some great news. With baited breath I waited to hear that my first place on the pre-list for the "electronic ordering real list" had been confirmed. But no, it wasn't that. He explained that my GR Yaris order had never been cancelled in the system, they just never thought that it would be realised. Well I will have a GR Yaris in July and will run it until the GR Corolla eventually turns up. 🏆 It will be my daily drive and I have a Lotus Emira for track day fun and posing.

#6 ·
I ordered it in Jan 2020, it arrived 9 months later. I then to my horror found out I couldn't lease or get a car loan for it as i was on wrong visa. They sold it form under my nose. I was so angry I ordered a Dark verdant Lotus Emira. I knew that would take over a year to arrive and figured my visa would be granted by the time the Lotus was delivered. I forgot they still had my deposit, so when the GR Corolla was announced I returned to the dealership to make official indication that I intended to purchase the GR Corolla, at that point they reminded me of my deposit and GR Yaris order were still with them. So they agreed to hold the deposit against the Corolla as they didn't expect any further GR Yaris deliveries. Well to my surprise (and theirs) I have one being delivered at some point in July. 🏆

#15 ·
In the big world of you couldn't make it up my novated lease has stalled. I have a 4 year contract and a 4 year 482 visa with my hospital sponsoring
me for permeant residence.
I am due to pick the car up on 10-09-22 I am pulling my hair out (not literally). :mad: :poop:😱

#37 ·
I prefer the GRC, more practical, better sound, digital dash and wireless carplay/charging a bonus. You can turn off electrical assist like the crash avoidance and lane departure and it remembers your preferences! Didn't take long to re-set my muscle memory to press the drive mode switch to engage track rather than twist anti-clockwise. Reverse camera and proximity alerts for parking much improved. It has better all-round sight lines. Still running in and so not employing lead foot technique. I love it!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.