Toyota GR Corolla Forum - Release Date, Specs, Pricing Discussion banner
261 - 280 of 312 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Might not be a popular opinion but I've always thought that lowering needs to be subtle, seeing the tops of the wheels almost touching the wheel arches makes me uncomfortable.
I agree with you. Tend to lean towards a stock+ look with my cars at this point… subtle lowering, wider wheels that basically just look like aggressive oem, etc etc

·
Registered
'13 FR-S, '09 Yaris 5 Dr, '88 Celica All-Trac, '87 FX16, '83 FJ40, '69 Datsun 510, Suzuki XL-7
468 Posts
I agree with you. Tend to lean towards a stock+ look with my cars at this point… subtle lowering, wider wheels that basically just look like aggressive oem, etc etc
Then the ME is perfect! The japan video said a tiny bit lower (they seem to think its more than just the lower profile tires) next size wider tires.

So with the ME announced, now my dream image might be like the rally rendering above, but the ME pearl. I like old school round aux lights, but for my personal car hood pods are too much.

·
Super Moderator
2011 FJ TT, 2001 IS300
1,766 Posts
Then the ME is perfect! The japan video said a tiny bit lower (they seem to think its more than just the lower profile tires) next size wider tires.

So with the ME announced, now my dream image might be like the rally rendering above, but the ME pearl. I like old school round aux lights, but for my personal car hood pods are too much.
That's what I'm shooting for now if I can get an ME. The tires on the ME are actually higher profile. The stock size is 235/40R18 and the ME gets 245/40R18 which means the sidewall is 40% the width of 245 compared to 40% of 235. Overall diameter is .3" taller on the ME than the CE/Core

·
Registered
'13 FR-S, '09 Yaris 5 Dr, '88 Celica All-Trac, '87 FX16, '83 FJ40, '69 Datsun 510, Suzuki XL-7
468 Posts
That's what I'm shooting for now if I can get an ME. The tires on the ME are actually higher profile. The stock size is 235/40R18 and the ME gets 245/40R18 which means the sidewall is 40% the width of 245 compared to 40% of 235. Overall diameter is .3" taller on the ME than the CE/Core
Oh, you’re right! I thouggt they went down an aspect size, that the CE was 45, but no. So they must have done a slight drop, but very slight, like 1/4”, as i think the J vid said height was 5mm lower? The ME visually you can see does fill the wheel arches closer.

·
Super Moderator
2011 FJ TT, 2001 IS300
1,766 Posts
Oh, you’re right! I thouggt they went down an aspect size, that the CE was 45, but no. So they must have done a slight drop, but very slight, like 1/4”, as i think the J vid said height was 5mm lower? The ME visually you can see does fill the wheel arches closer.
I think it's part of the suspension tweaks they did. They do note in the spec sheet that the height of the ME is also .1" lower than the CE/Core? ME comes in at 57.1 w/o antenna and the Core comes in at 57.2 w/o and then the antenna adds an inch onto both which proves that what they said in the J vid was close if they stated 5mm(.2")

·
Super Moderator
537 Posts
So, I don't have strong feelings in any wheels, but can we get the GRC in the Solar Shift zOrange of the new GR86 and the Neptune Blue of the Supra? Dealers choice on wheels.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #273 ·
So, I don't have strong feelings in any wheels, but can we get the GRC in the Solar Shift zOrange of the new GR86 and the Neptune Blue of the Supra? Dealers choice on wheels.
Neptune blue is also a GR86 color. And the solar shift orange is actually a Subaru color, so doubt it will be offered on an exclusive toyota car. That orange pearl that was on the RC-F... Now that's a sexy toyota exclusive orange!
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Grille

·
Registered
31 Posts
These are exactly what i was thinking, wrapping it satin as well to make it look more like the marketing photos than the actual car.
If I can find a hood for cheap enough (would the standard Corolla hood fit?) I want to drill some holes and install some rally pod lights.

And then some proper rally wheels and tires

·
Super Moderator
537 Posts
Neptune blue is also a GR86 color. And the solar shift orange is actually a Subaru color, so doubt it will be offered on an exclusive toyota car. That orange pearl that was on the RC-F... Now that's a sexy toyota exclusive orange! View attachment 2297
Really any brighter orange would do. I'm going to wrap this car, since all the offered colors are boring, IMO. Also, paint protection or whatever, and am just trying to decide on a color. Probably gonna be orange or blue.

Reactions: Tokyotexan
261 - 280 of 312 Posts