Toyota GR Corolla Forum - Release Date, Specs, Pricing Discussion banner
241 - 242 of 242 Posts

·
Registered
☆ 1991 Celica GTFour RC ☆ 2000 Grand Cherokee ☆
217 Posts
I don't think Nemesis is saying that the wheels are cheap, just that the gloss black paint makes them look like cheap steelies. I dislike black paint as well, it hides all the details and especially on wheels it just makes the tires look even more grey. I'll be getting aftermarket winters and having the stock wheels painted while the winters are on.

·
Registered
2014 Accord Coupe V6 Nav (manual), 2021 Corolla XSE HB (auto)
105 Posts
I don't think Nemesis is saying that the wheels are cheap, just that the gloss black paint makes them look like cheap steelies. I dislike black paint as well, it hides all the details and especially on wheels it just makes the tires look even more grey. I'll be getting aftermarket winters and having the stock wheels painted while the winters are on.
Yes, thanks. You beat me to it. Just looks cheap. Certainly not cheap quality. Trying to get used to black wheels as premium would be the equivalent of me convincing someone 5 years from now that rusty rims are the new thing and nobody gets black anymore. But I have to admit the black rims with white is growing on me…

241 - 242 of 242 Posts