Toyota GR Corolla Forum - Release Date, Specs, Pricing Discussion banner
221 - 240 of 242 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Thanks for the 2 above sir. Appreciated. How about the Titan7 T-D6 on a white circuit with some concave to them. I'll give you artistic license on the color lol. Maybe just not black. They make silver gold and gunmetal I believe.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Thanks for the 2 above sir. Appreciated. How about the Titan7 T-D6 on a white circuit with some concave to them. I'll give you artistic license on the color lol. Maybe just not black. They make silver gold and gunmetal I believe.
Here you go. Not much out there for examples.
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tire

·
Registered
2014 Accord Coupe V6 Nav (manual), 2021 Corolla XSE HB (auto)
105 Posts
Someone will do it, I'm sure.
I like to leave OEM wheels original and just put on aftermarket.
You can tell when the OEM wheels are painted and it's usually 'meh' to me.
I saw a British guy that painted his stock red GRY‘s wheels gold. I am not a fan of gold wheels but I was actually shocked at how good these rims looked in something other than ”cheap steel wheel black”. The black is growing on me, but black rims have always been for the bone stock cheapest look up until the last 5 years or so. Steel wheels were always painted black to get you to step up to the alloys, so they are a tough sell on me. If @Hank is game, it would be nice to see the white core with silver metallic colored stock rims and maybe a red core with gold metallic colored stock rims?

·
Registered
16 Posts
I saw a British guy that painted his stock red GRY‘s wheels gold. I am not a fan of gold wheels but I was actually shocked at how good these rims looked in something other than ”cheap steel wheel black”. The black is growing on me, but black rims have always been for the bone stock cheapest look up until the last 5 years or so. Steel wheels were always painted black to get you to step up to the alloys, so they are a tough sell on me. If @Hank is game, it would be nice to see the white core with silver metallic colored stock rims and maybe a red core with gold metallic colored stock rims?
I actually just saw that video today. They were a bronze colour in my opinion. It looked very good indeed. However, just as an FYI, these wheels are not cheap. They are actually produced by Enkei, and they are quite a reputable wheel brand. Apparently, the brake pads create a lot of dust, so maybe having black wheels was more of a strategic move than anything. Brushed metallic wheels would look pretty clean.

·
Super Moderator
2011 FJ TT, 2001 IS300
1,561 Posts
I actually just saw that video today. They were a bronze colour in my opinion. It looked very good indeed. However, just as an FYI, these wheels are not cheap. They are actually produced by Enkei, and they are quite a reputable wheel brand. Apparently, the brake pads create a lot of dust, so maybe having black wheels was more of a strategic move than anything. Brushed metallic wheels would look pretty clean.
Not only produced by Enkei, they're also forged and not cast. The black is merely just a sporty appearance thing though as performance=blacked out parts in most manufacturer's eyes for marketing

221 - 240 of 242 Posts