Toyota GR Corolla Forum - Release Date, Specs, Pricing Discussion banner
201 - 220 of 242 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
TE37 / Advan GT/ RPF1-SBC

Curious about what wheel size the GRC can fit. Think 18x9.5 is out of the question?
Considering the regular hatchback can comfortably fit a 18x9.5 with offsets between +38 and +45 on a 255/35r18 tire, I would think the GRC with additional 20-30mm widened fenders per side should be able to fit 10.5" wide wheels, assuming inner clearance to the strut is similar to the normal hatchback. I'm estimating the GRC will end up having similar fitments to the EVO X, with max square fitments in the 18x10.5 +22 range. For 18x10.5 fitments, tires will likely range from 265/35r18 for an easy fit to 295/30r18 for max thicc fitment with additional camber and rolled fenders. With that said, I predict the most popular sizes will still be 18x9.5 +15 to +22 range with a 265/35r18 tire for a balanced daily/track setup.

·
Registered
☆ 1991 Celica GTFour RC ☆ 2000 Grand Cherokee ☆
213 Posts
It sounds like it'll be able to handle much wider tires than most people would even need, which is nice. For the people actually pushing their cars enough to need really wide tires that's better than the other way around lol. On the street I never hit the limits of 245s in a car with the same weight (but less power). Granted I'm a terrible driver compared to you guys with actual experience 😂

·
Super Moderator
2011 FJ TT, 2001 IS300
1,544 Posts
nice. thank you.
i was hoping the offset would have been embossed on the wheel too, but i just blew it up in photoshop and no such luck
Yeah I was hoping so too. The tire size was in the official specs thread but I wonder why they didn't say the wheel specs. I believe the spoke is just covering the offset in that photo

·
Registered
101 Posts
i was eyeballing some +22 offset wheels and hoping the wider body would let us actually have some decent deep dish lips. i suppose if it comes with +45, a +22 wouldn't be toooo bad pending width of the new wheel.
It’s wide body but they also widened the track width, so I wouldn’t expect the factory wheels to be low offset.
Depends if you’re going for the “hella flush” look or not

201 - 220 of 242 Posts