Toyota GR Corolla Forum - Ownership Discussion banner
21 - 40 of 60 Posts
If i was to get a Scooby doo wrx it would have to be manual. Sac religious to get an wrx and not get it in stick.
Frankly I think the new interior is worse than the exterior on the new WRX. I've seen some pics of the black cladding color matched and it really helps but there's no way of getting around that hideous tablet.

Looks like something I'd expect to see in a work truck on a jobsite :sick:

I'm very biased to the GR but mainly because I just don't like autos. I know they're faster, more efficient, etc etc but driving an auto just makes me wish things were manual. But also, you'll have cheaper/longer lasting parts with the GRC in the long term if you keep either past warranty. I'm sure you can get VW branded parts that fit for cheap but it's not always the case

This is the only Audi RS3 we can buy in Canada.
Probably the best handling one you can get, unfortunately not for the road.

Here is the explanation.

Car Vehicle Wheel Tire Hood

If I can't find a GRC for MSRP than I'm not buying one. 36k GRC or 59k for a RS3 is a big difference. I'd go for the RS3 though if it was sticker and GRC had any kind of ADM. Or a long list of other cars over a ADM GRC.
I'm with you, I would never pay adm on any car, including a Porsche GT3 or GT4.
Just think about the clowns 🤡 who will pay $5,000-$20,000 adm's, what they could buy with that money, money basically flushed down the toilet.
$5,000 gets you a very nice carbon fiber mountain bike.
$10,000 gets you a nice motorcycle 🏍.
$15,000 gets you a reliable winter beater, etc.

well i can promise its not a new RS3 "sportback" since import laws are 25 years and older. Yes some people get those aussie SS over here some how
There are always more obscure ways to get non-US cars into the country. Diplomatic and/or work permit channels would allow one-off importations with specified time limits. When I lived in Texas it wasn’t unusual to see non-US models driving around with Mexican plates, simply entering the country “on vacation.”
I once saw a couple of camoflaged Mercedes AMG A series hatchbacks on top of Pikes Peak doing high altitude testing. Never say never.

Discussion starter · #35 ·
There are always more obscure ways to get non-US cars into the country. Diplomatic and/or work permit channels would allow one-off importations with specified time limits. When I lived in Texas it wasn’t unusual to see non-US models driving around with Mexican plates, simply entering the country “on vacation.”
I once saw a couple of camoflaged Mercedes AMG A series hatchbacks on top of Pikes Peak doing high altitude testing. Never say never.
ok let me rephrase, for the avg joe who doesnt have money to spend on routing a car through mexico or canada.

I was also cross shopping the two, and if the GRC did not announce release this year I was planning to pull the trigger on ordering an RS3. The reason I like the GRC is that I think it has a better awd system and "hopefully" has toyota reliability. I think the G16 is just as wonderful as the audi 5cyl in its own right. I mean, who would think that a 3cyl can push 500hp without built internals?? I think that shows they really put some engineering into this platform and with some mods would be a fun car. I personally don't care either way about manual vs auto tbh, as long as the auto is a good one.

I will also say that repair and maintenance costs on the GRC would be significantly cheaper and it should be much easier to work on. If you blow the 5cyl i think the replacement cost is 38k for a long block.

I still am looking at other cars in case I don't get a GRC as I am circuit or bust, as I do want it to be somewhat special. The rs3 is looking a little small inside, so I am also considering the RS5 and Macan GTS currently If I don't get a GRC.

No matter what I get I do plan to mod it, so it has to be a car that will have tuning and at least some parts available.

The price of an RS3 would also be significantly more than the GRC. I priced one out and even at MSRP its ~70k without the ceramic brakes.

I pulled up behind an RS3 last night coming out of a restaurant. It was the perfect color(red) and I put my window down to hear it as it took off. He didn’t really gun it but the raspy guttural sound punctuated by the rapid fire auto-shifts was wonderful.
I had a first gen TT-RS so I know how glorious that engine is. I do prefer hatchbacks and manuals but an RS3 would be a hoot I’m sure.

I was also cross shopping the two, and if the GRC did not announce release this year I was planning to pull the trigger on ordering an RS3. The reason I like the GRC is that I think it has a better awd system and "hopefully" has toyota reliability. I think the G16 is just as wonderful as the audi 5cyl in its own right. I mean, who would think that a 3cyl can push 500hp without built internals?? I think that shows they really put some engineering into this platform and with some mods would be a fun car. I personally don't care either way about manual vs auto tbh, as long as the auto is a good one.

I will also say that repair and maintenance costs on the GRC would be significantly cheaper and it should be much easier to work on. If you blow the 5cyl i think the replacement cost is 38k for a long block.

I still am looking at other cars in case I don't get a GRC as I am circuit or bust, as I do want it to be somewhat special. The rs3 is looking a little small inside, so I am also considering the RS5 and Macan GTS currently If I don't get a GRC.

No matter what I get I do plan to mod it, so it has to be a car that will have tuning and at least some parts available.

The price of an RS3 would also be significantly more than the GRC. I priced one out and even at MSRP its ~70k without the ceramic brakes.
How does it have a “better” AWD system?

Discussion starter · #39 ·
How does it have a “better” AWD system?
i am also on the fence about this, only because they removed the old Haldex and added the new AWD system to this new RS3. from what i understand its the same one thats in the new VW Golf R. saw a couple videos of it winter driving on ice road course and looked great from what i could see. But no one actually knows whats new in the system nor how it works. Called multiple dealers and no one has actual information on it aside from. yes throws 50% to the rears and can send 100% of that 50% to one tire.

21 - 40 of 60 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.