Votes: 56 64.4%
  • GRY

Votes: 31 35.6%
1 - 20 of 128 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Interested to see what you guys would think. If hypothetically offered both a GRY and a GRC (you guys decide which trim level) at the same price, which would you take? As I see it, Yaris is lighter, and is more bespoke with the compact 3-door and sloping roofline shape. The corolla on the other hand is more practical and seems to have a nicer interior on top of not having the annoying high seating position and huge rear view mirror.

Not that relevant, but I'm in NZ where both of these are available and I'm first on the list for my local dealer for the Corolla. As for the Yaris, I'm more likely to get it in a few years but also possibly not at all. But you never know, what if I end up having to choose :oops:

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
GRC more practical, upgraded engine components, better interior, looks better IMO,
Is engine really upgraded or just the boost turned up with an upgraded exhaust?
Yeah definitely the Corolla is better styled, but the GRY shape just looks so attractive.....

·
Registered
14 Posts
GRC for me as it's far more practical. The GRY is too focused as it's basically a homologation rally special. While the rareness will only boost it's cool factor, it's little more than a track toy or weekend driver. Yes I would own one given the opportunity, but not at the current prices (I can buy a pretty decent spec Mercedes A Class for the same money).

·
Registered
312 Posts
Hands down GRY without the slightest hesitation.

True homologation special, 400 lbs lighter, and every base model includes a carbon roof. It also looks better (to me), has unicorn status (much more limited), and is smaller, which I prefer on what is effectively the only rally car for the street today.

Just a more unique/special car in many ways.

·
Registered
☆ 1991 Celica GTFour RC ☆ 2000 Grand Cherokee ☆
257 Posts
GRC for me all day long. Even if I didn't need the added practicality I'd really struggle with the GRY seating position and I vastly prefer the looks of the GRC. This might be an unpopular opinion but I think the rear fender on the GRY is kinda ugly. Compared to how good the rest of the car looks it seems almost like an afterthought and I really don't like the view in a rear 3/4 shot.

·
Registered
2017 VW GTI
33 Posts
GRC purely for practicality purposes. I love being able to throw my dog in the trunk, a couple bags in the passenger seat, and my bike in the 2nd row seating and head into the mountains for the weekend. Definitely wouldn't be able to accomplish that with a GRY.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Interested to see what you guys would think. If hypothetically offered both a GRY and a GRC (you guys decide which trim level) at the same price, which would you take? As I see it, Yaris is lighter, and is more bespoke with the compact 3-door and sloping roofline shape. The corolla on the other hand is more practical and seems to have a nicer interior on top of not having the annoying high seating position and huge rear view mirror.

Not that relevant, but I'm in NZ where both of these are available and I'm first on the list for my local dealer for the Corolla. As for the Yaris, I'm more likely to get it in a few years but also possibly not at all. But you never know, what if I end up having to choose :oops:
I think the main thing people like about the Yaris is that when they talk about it they can unironically use the annoying term "bespoke".

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
GRC for me all day long. Even if I didn't need the added practicality I'd really struggle with the GRY seating position and I vastly prefer the looks of the GRC. This might be an unpopular opinion but I think the rear fender on the GRY is kinda ugly. Compared to how good the rest of the car looks it seems almost like an afterthought and I really don't like the view in a rear 3/4 shot.
The rear 3/4 is definitely not very flattering, GRC rear 3/4 on the other hand looks beautiful

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I think the main thing people like about the Yaris is that when they talk about it they can unironically use the annoying term "bespoke".
Haha true true. I think it's just used so much because it carries the Yaris name. Nobody talks about the 86 being bespoke

·
Registered
230 Posts
I think the whole GR Yaris is kind of ugly, but in the same way the Impreza WRXs were ugly. They seemed purposeful and less about adding more body panel to smooth things out to create a better look, and more about adding just enough to get the car performing how they wanted it to.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Haha true true. I think it's just used so much because it carries the Yaris name. Nobody talks about the 86 being bespoke
That’s because it’s not. It’s a Subaru.

GRY is pure Toyota that shares virtually nothing with a standard Yaris. It’s the most bespoke Toyota sports car in decades.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
That’s because it’s not. It’s a Subaru.

GRY is pure Toyota that shares virtually nothing with a standard Yaris. It’s the most bespoke Toyota sports car in decades.
I'm aware of that, what I meant by bespoke was that it isn't based on another car, and built from the ground up.

1 - 20 of 128 Posts