Votes: 11 11.6%
  • We will see!

Votes: 19 20.0%
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A thread for any kind of modifications you plan to do to your GRC and any cool renders you have seen!

Personal note: Can't wait to see one with hood-mounted rally lights, mudflaps, and a wing

Feel free to participate in the poll!

·
Super Moderator
2011 FJ TT, 2001 IS300
1,596 Posts
Hoping to do what it takes to make about 380-400hp on pump gas, maybe methanol injection, summer wheels/tires, winter wheels/tires, all-season wheels/tires, gravel wheels/tires, rally wing, vented hood(maybe carbon), rally lights, hydraulic hand brake, mudflaps of course, full customizable rally suspension so I can change firmness and height in my driveway with some jacks and tools, anti-lag, intake, rally sounding exhaust, carbon bucket seats, spare wheel/tire carrier in the trunk, race clutch that's still nicely daily friendly, rear seat delete, skid plates, and I'm probably missing some other things. Just want to make a car I can do laps in no matter the surface without changing parts out other than wheels and tires. Also going to flock the dash of course

·
Registered
67 Posts
Probably going to leave mine mostly stock. Exhaust will be inevitable. Maybe a light tune. If the suspension is good in stock form, I’ll likely leave it alone. If real, high end long travel rally suspension is going to be made available at some point, I’ll consider installing that. Aggressive street/track brake pads will go on at some point as well. Essentially, I want to keep it as reliable as possible, while building on its strengths. I have MTB as a hobby and that can get as expensive as working on cars. But I’ll choose to keep MTB as a hobby over heavily modifying an already great car in stock form.

·
Registered
158 Posts
The only mods I'll be doing in the short term will be for protection, so this means
  • PPF/Cermic coat
  • Skid plate
  • Mud Flaps
  • Whatever people spray in the undercarriage to prevent rust during the winter

Long term, if I lose interest in racing my XRS, I'll probably do a brake downsize kit to run 15 inch wheels + gravel tires for rallycross.

·
Registered
2 Posts
To start most likely intake, cat-back, paint protection film and tint, mud flaps, lowering springs or coils and wheel spacers or Gramlights 57CR depending on how much stock rims weigh in at and how wide a tire can be fit. After powertrain warranty runs out turbo upgrade/high flow cat, intercooler, valves/springs/retainers, cams and engine management to make a conservative 400whp reliably. Maybe a few CF splitters and lips depending on what kind of aftermarket comes out. It will be my track car and I will rotate daily commute between this, my truck, and my motorcycle on good weather days.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Wow, everyone in this thread has some neat ideas. For someone who doesn't have much experience in mods/tuning, can anyone recommend how I can go about learning about some of these things?

·
Registered
480 Posts
Wow, everyone in this thread has some neat ideas. For someone who doesn't have much experience in mods/tuning, can anyone recommend how I can go about learning about some of these things?
If you mean soecifically for the G16 engine, go visit the GRY forums to get an idea of what those guys are doing to modify their GRY.
But with turbo cars its usually fairly straight forward. Full bolt ons (FBO) will include larger downpipe, intake of some sort, larger intercooler, free flowing exhaust, boost controller, and a tune. FBO should net you 50-75whp or so. Just got be careful that your dealer doesnt void your warranty. Some dealers are mod friendly, and some are not.

·
Registered
'99 2.5rs WRX swapped, '85 Brat, '17 golf sportwagen, '89 K2500 manual
84 Posts
Will I modify it? Of course. How can you not modify a car at all?

Will it be very much? Probably not. Some cosmetic bits perhaps. Maybe if there's some good aftermarket handling options that come out. But I won't be doing nearly as much as I am on my 20 year old noodle-chassis Subaru.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have two options if I get ever get my hands on grc circuit eddition in white:
  1. white enkei rct5( I want to downsize and do a 255-265/45r17 square if it's possible), KW v3 coilover when they develop it and downpipe with tune( stock exhausts.. I want to rage touge at night quietly).
  2. white te37 or desmond regamaster and I wanna do a full hks catalog in the future.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Anything I do to mine I'll do a video and post it on my YouTube channel like I do all of my cars. Stay tuned and watch my car transform at JimsGarageToys. 😍

·
Registered
150 Posts
These are things that I'll look at.....
1. A 3M Clear Bra is a must.
2. Tinted windows
3. Ceramic coating that I'll apply
4. I'll look at aero kits that come out
5. Lowering springs/coilovers
6. Intake
7. Possible exhaust

I'm sure more things will happen as goodies are developed for it. The GR Yaris has a lot of goodies made for it.

·
Registered
☆ 1991 Celica GTFour RC ☆ 2000 Grand Cherokee ☆
221 Posts
I already have a toy to mod excessively and, realistically, ruin, with loud exhausts and coilovers and stuff so I wouldn't do much to the GRC. I'd see what parts come out for aero and handling bits and such, but I'd keep it mild and only do the things that keep the warranty intact until it's up.

• tinted rear windows
  • yellow vinyl on the fog lights
  • front and rear dash cams
  • lowering springs
  • different wheels, or paint the stock ones
  • possibly some classic style livery
  • intake & BOV for turbo noises because I'm basically a 14 year old with bills

I'd keep an eye out for skid plates, lift kits and brake downsizing kits to grab and hold onto just in case anything happens to my Celica and I need the GRC to take over TSD duty. 18s and low ground clearance are no good for forestry roads covered in snow and gravel.

·
Super Moderator
439 Posts
intake & BOV for turbo noises because I'm basically a 14 year old with bills
I just went through the hassle of reinstalling my BOV after removing it 3 or 4 times in the process of troubleshooting fuel trims. Lol. I'm also a child, and I love whooshy noises.

Depending on what my dealer says about warranty's and mods, I'll probably be FBO. It also depends on what SCCA rules end up affecting in the car, as autocross will definitely be a thing in this car, and I don't want to bump myself into SMF if I can help it, like I accidentally did with my ST.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I definitely can’t keep anything stock, but waiting for aftermarket to catch up should help delay the inevitable at least. I know I know GRY but imagine it’ll still take some time.

Likely just stick with lighter wheels, springs, low key aero, and tint to start. Eventually I’ll get some basic bolt ons like exhaust, fmic, tune, etc but def want to keep it simple and not go all out like my last fun daily lol. Would love to have the vented/bulging hood but probably going with the black core + pp.

·
Super Moderator
2011 FJ TT, 2001 IS300
1,596 Posts
I definitely can’t keep anything stock, but waiting for aftermarket to catch up should help delay the inevitable at least. I know I know GRY but imagine it’ll still take some time.

Likely just stick with lighter wheels, springs, low key aero, and tint to start. Eventually I’ll get some basic bolt ons like exhaust, fmic, tune, etc but def want to keep it simple and not go all out like my last fun daily lol. Would love to have the vented/bulging hood but probably going with the black core + pp.
I've been told they'll be letting aftermarket companies get what they need to start making parts before the cars go on sale so we'll see mods very quick

1 - 20 of 41 Posts