Toyota GR Corolla Forum - Release Date, Specs, Pricing Discussion banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A while ago, gcasper noticed that there were GR hints provided via Google Ads (when searching GR Corolla or something). I occasionally check to see if there is something new (you can only do it a few times a day without fudging with your cookies and IP, which is too troublesome, lol) and I noticed a slightly different addition. There's too many threads at this point for random discussions/rumors, so I didn't know where to pop this.

This is the newest one I found today:

Font Rectangle Number Circle Paper

Interestingly, it mentions the Apex edition, which I believe is new to the hatchback line (or at least it isn't something you can buy this year).

These are my previous results:
Product Purple Azure Font Rectangle

Human body Purple Rectangle Violet Font

Feel free to post any unique results you find.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Apex only comes in the sedan right now. And its just a very slight cosmetic change with like a (TRD) muffler.
I thought there were some minor suspension tweaks too. Like it was lowered 4mm or something inconsequential.

I saw a photo of someone swapping the Apex front end on to a hatchback. Liked the look of it. Wouldn't mind seeing that in production with some panda paint and apex badging.

Wheel Car Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

·
468 Posts
The Apex doesn't come in white I have seen a few people swap the sedan front end onto the HB. And yes it may be a very slight lower. The wheels are also 18s and heard they are 2 lbs lighter than the reg 18s.

·
Super Moderator
409 Posts
I just wish Toyota would hurry up before my impatient self buys an S550 Mustang. Lol. I'm extremely torn between the two, but leaning GRC, hence why I'm here. I'm just impatient for them to make something official that isn't teasers.

That said, I too have been refreshing the same page. If I see something new, I'll let you know.

·
Super Moderator
664 Posts
I just wish Toyota would hurry up before my impatient self buys an S550 Mustang. Lol. I'm extremely torn between the two, but leaning GRC, hence why I'm here. I'm just impatient for them to make something official that isn't teasers.

That said, I too have been refreshing the same page. If I see something new, I'll let you know.
You don't want to plow cars and by standers with that

·
Super Moderator
409 Posts
You don't want to plow cars and by standers with that
S550 isn't the crowd killer older Mustangs were. The suspension is WAY better than it used to be. Plus, the problem with old mustangs wasn't entirely suspension related. It was partially that, but it was also jut idiots with way too easily accessible power. It's not hard to wreck a car that gives you 400+hp on tap as fast as the Coyote does

• Haha
Reactions: gazoo

·
Super Moderator
664 Posts
S550 isn't the crowd killer older Mustangs were. The suspension is WAY better than it used to be. Plus, the problem with old mustangs wasn't entirely suspension related. It was partially that, but it was also jut idiots with way too easily accessible power. It's not hard to wreck a car that gives you 400+hp on tap as fast as the Coyote does
Hahahaha.. Lets just wait a little bit more. Few more months 🤞

·
Super Moderator
409 Posts
Hahahaha.. Lets just wait a little bit more. Few more months 🤞
See, but I'm impatient.

But seriously, I'd be a couple months out from buying the Mustang I'd really want regardless, so I have no choice but to wait. It's wait a few months to save for a gen3 coyote with performance pack, or wait a few months to see what Toyota does with the GRC. I love my hatchback now, and I want AWD, so I'm leaning GRC.

Reactions: gazoo
1 - 12 of 12 Posts