Toyota GR Corolla Forum - Ownership Discussion banner
21 - 40 of 75 Posts
As least they don't bash you here if you pay ADM on the GR here... you know how's that goes from FB group.. they attacked you like there is no tomorrow.. Provery people on that group.
We drag people pretty hard about paying ADM here, lol.

As least they don't bash you here if you pay ADM on the GR here... you know how's that goes from FB group.. they attacked you like there is no tomorrow.. Provery people on that group.
Not paying ADM doesn't make you impoverished. LOL try again.

Not paying ADM and being able to find a GR corolla to buy @ MSRP with no BS addon should consider "Privileged" and "Noble" and for sure welcome on this board. I am sure I am not that. :)
You do know you could always wait for the prices to come down right? That's what many of us are doing.

You do know you could always wait for the prices to come down right? That's what many of us are doing.
Of course. People can wait,… nothing wrong with that. I am patiently waiting to buy a Circuit Edition too @MSRP as well.

Additionally, why would someone buy a can of coke at Gas Station for $1.50 and they can get a case from Costco which is much cheaper per unit price... It just whatever people feel like paying... Some people would wait and drive home drinking the can from the fridge as well.. Perfectly fine with that....

if you have nothing to trade in waiting is the best option.

if you have a car to trade in, it really will depend on what you can negotiate for the new car price as to whether waiting it out, or just jumping now is the best option.

trends over the last 90 days for used car listings are not kind. the average is over 5% for listing prices ($1,500 on a car that was $30,000 90 days ago). that's listings, not what the dealer is going to offer you in trade, or what you can get selling it to a carmax, or other. that trade will never be worth more than it is today.

the question a person with a trade-in needs to ask themselves is, will that 5% slide remain steady for the foreseeable future? how long might it take for the GRC to hit your 'fair' price in your region?

anyway, with a trade-in there's more to it than to just blow the 'wait for MSRP' trumpet.

if you have nothing to trade in waiting is the best option.

if you have a car to trade in, it really will depend on what you can negotiate for the new car price as to whether waiting it out, or just jumping now is the best option.

trends over the last 90 days for used car listings are not kind. the average is over 5% for listing prices ($1,500 on a car that was $30,000 90 days ago). that's listings, not what the dealer is going to offer you in trade, or what you can get selling it to a carmax, or other. that trade will never be worth more than it is today.

the question a person with a trade-in needs to ask themselves is, will that 5% slide remain steady for the foreseeable future? how long might it take for the GRC to hit your 'fair' price in your region?

anyway, with a trade-in there's more to it than to just blow the 'wait for MSRP' trumpet.
Absolutely.
In my position at least I will not be trading in my Camry. So trade in prices have no bearing over when I will buy the GRC and for what price.
That being said, it seems that dealers are preemptively lowering trade in prices while still asking for over msrp on a good chunk of their vehicles. It really depends on the money lost while holding on to a trade in compared to the money saved waiting for a good price on the GRC. Pretty much the same as what you pointed out. I do think that the used market will continue to fall faster than the new market and will probably bottom out before it too.

Reactions: samagon
There’s a private enthusiast one on Facebook I’m trying to focus on instead. Just called gr owners enthusiasts I believe. The owners one is terrible and so is the subreddit.
That’s the one that’s started by Tyler I think and it’s only like 170 members. That’s the one I kept having to invite people too cuz unless you know someone you can’t see it haha

Welp for those on the fb group. Start reporting posts that are bad so I can deleted them. they made me a mod there. Already deleted a bunch of posts and banned a bunch of shithead scammers.
LETS GOOOOOOOOO!
You’ll be seeing a lot from me my friend.

Discussion starter · #39 · (Edited)
I dunno who George Yang is, but he got blocked with a quickness. Dude had to be trolling.
George is gone, figured out how to ban people since the normal way isn't an option. Guy doesn't even own one and in a group named "Toyota gr corolla owners"
Also causes way to many problems. Dude was killing my cell battery with how many report notifications I was getting every day.
Just want to remove the scammers (about 10/day) and have it be chill.

21 - 40 of 75 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.