Toyota GR Corolla Forum - Release Date, Specs, Pricing Discussion banner
841 - 860 of 914 Posts

· Registered
‘23 Core - Ice Cap | ‘21 Tundra - Cavalry Blue
647 Posts
Wtf! Why would they hold onto it for so long?!?
I have no idea, my dealer said it’s been at the port since 12/6. He rattled some cages and no one could give him an answer why it sat so long. 🤷🏻‍♂️

· Registered
2023 Toyota GR Corolla Core
65 Posts
Picking up GRC right now and it is MISSING THE SHIFT KNOB . I have no shift knob at all. They went to AutoZone and got me one until the factory one arrives 😂
Finally, at long last. My GRC is complete and all is right in the world. Goodbye autozone garbage! Took a month and I had to call the dealer several times to find out they had the shift knob sitting there for at least a week when they knew it needed to be shipped to me. No more punching the dashboard shifting to 3rd.:)

Attachments

· Registered
‘23 Core - Ice Cap | ‘21 Tundra - Cavalry Blue
647 Posts
Finally, at long last. My GRC is complete and all is right in the world. Goodbye autozone garbage! Took a month and I had to call the dealer several times to find out they had the shift knob sitting there for at least a week when they knew it needed to be shipped to me. No more punching the dashboard shifting to 3rd.:)
MUCH better!

· Registered
2023 GR Corolla Core (Ice Cap, fully loaded)
244 Posts
WTAF is that monstrosity they gave you?! That can't seriously be the best option they could find you. They should have given you the upgraded knob purely for the inconvenience of having to put up with that ugly POS for so long.

Reactions: Sparkko

· Registered
2023 Toyota GR Corolla Core
65 Posts
WTAF is that monstrosity they gave you?! That can't seriously be the best option they could find you. They should have given you the upgraded knob purely for the inconvenience of having to put up with that ugly POS for so long.
The dealers exact words were, " We went to autozone and bought the most expensive one they had." And it didn't even fit right. Was forced on with a plastic cap.

· Registered
807 Posts
Finally got mine home. Had to wait for the check to clear, guess the dealer found me a bit sus 😒

View attachment 7372
Wow, my dealer took a $20k personal check from me without batting an eye, then didn't cash it until two weeks later, lol. Did you write a check for the whole amount or finance?

· Registered
Sienna, GR86, GRC
344 Posts
Wow, my dealer took a $20k personal check from me without batting an eye, then didn't cash it until two weeks later, lol. Did you write a check for the whole amount or finance?
It was a check from my credit union for the difference after trade. The dealer apparently has had some issues with scammers in the last 6 months so they instituted a policy of not accepting any checks from out of state banks. (I imagine it also helps funnel people into their financing.) I got them to make an exception for me, waiting for the check to clear was the only caveat.

I'd have let them hold the car until March if that's what it would taken for them to let me use my bank haha. I wasn't even going to finance because I figured I'd get some 6% rate best case.

841 - 860 of 914 Posts