Toyota GR Corolla Forum - Ownership Discussion banner
821 - 840 of 1,005 Posts
Today was my delivery day. Got on my local dealer list last Feb and car finally came in today. Poverty spec without PP or JBL but on the bright side it was under $40k out the door with tax, tag, etc. I kept my C8 Z51 as dealer trade in was underwhelming so I still have a track capable car for those who think the non-PP cars are not worth buying :) The GRC won't likely see the track until Feb or March....

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive lighting
Car Vehicle White Speedometer Automotive design

Wheel Tire Vehicle Sky Car
Vehicle registration plate Vehicle Sky Car Automotive tire

Font Material property Rectangle Parallel Handwriting

I'm gobsmacked by that. How does a dealer not know what they have coming off the truck? I feel like there's gonna be an after-the-credits scene where the dealer's friend freaks out because the dealer forgot to earmark that car for them.
The lot porter, finance guy, the manager... they barely knew a thing about it. All very nice. I believe they just never imagined outside of the major dealers they'd get one, so I figure they never bothered to look. Case in point, their parking lot was stacked with Tundras and Highlanders, barely even a Camry around.

Ohh awesome!! I’ll be driving around Rocklin and Roseville most of the time. Im actually hoping NorCal can get a meet going on one of these days!

Lol I’m 12th at Walnut Creek, 8th at One Toyota. Also 4th at Elk Grove. Not on the list at Sunnyvale Toyota. Those are all the MSRP dealers…there’s Toyota 101 in Redwood City but you have to live in the County there.

I found it much harder to work with MSRP dealers here back in 2021 when I was looking for the GR86, and had an even harder time with GRC. I found it way more easier to work with the smaller mark up dealers like Auburn and Chico.
Any word on when you'll get delivery? I'm only on one waitlist - 20th at Walnut Creek. Wondering if I have any chance for delivery this year or should I just assume next year?

A buddy and I drove up from Cincinnati to Akron yesterday in a rental Corolla sedan, then picked up my GR at 9:00 this morning, drove it home entirely on back roads- zero freeway time. Cold but sunny day, just takin' it easy and breaking the car in very slowly. Love the car.
Car Wheel Vehicle Tire Sky

Car Tire Vehicle Wheel Automotive lighting

Cloud Sky Automotive mirror Asphalt Mode of transport

Cloud Sky Window Motor vehicle Road surface

Road surface Tree Infrastructure Asphalt Motor vehicle

A buddy and I drove up from Cincinnati to Akron yesterday in a rental Corolla sedan, then picked up my GR at 9:00 this morning, drove it home entirely on back roads- zero freeway time. Cold but sunny day, just takin' it easy and breaking the car in very slowly. Love the car.
View attachment 7092
View attachment 7093
Love the side by side pic! Congrats on the delivery (I'm quite envious) - how do the cars compare :p ?

@TurboGT Yes, Ganley. I contacted 30 dealers within 500 miles of me that had white cores coming in, and 29 of them told me their car was presold at big price, and/or they don’t sell to out of state, and/or they already had 10 people in line for the next one. So when I contacted Ganley and they said their car was not presold and here’s the price, I just said ok.

I think in a few months it will be pretty easy to buy cores for msrp, but I’ll be 68 in May, and for me paying over sticker was a good tradeoff for getting the car sooner.

I'm a bit of an audio snob, so I'll say that the audio sounds acceptable. My car has the JBL system. There is no subwoofer. I really wish there was. The bass is pretty good despite the lack of a sub. Mids are ok, and the highs are slightly overwhelming. I had to turn down the treble. The audio is very front oriented. 6 of the eight speakers in the car are in front of you. This has taken some getting used to. I don't feel like I'm surrounded by the music. It sounds like I am listening to something directly in front of me. I will say this is the best stock audio system I've had in a car, but that's a low bar for me.
This is a very accurate assessment. We have the corolla jbl in the ‘21 xse hatch. The bass is pretty good for not having a subwoofer. You can only tell when you need it real loud (all windows open on the highway). I adjusted the bass all the way up and adjusted the sound back spacialy to even out the from/back mix.

Took delivery today, almost exactly a year from placing my deposit! Loving it so far in the tiny amount of driving I’ve done. Only complaint so far: I banged my knee super hard on the edge of the dash where the dimmer dial thing is getting into the car, anyone else done this???

Took delivery today, almost exactly a year from placing my deposit! Loving it so far in the tiny amount of driving I’ve done. Only complaint so far: I banged my knee super hard on the edge of the dash where the dimmer dial thing is getting into the car, anyone else done this???
I don't have one yet. But being 6'2", I see this being an issue for me.

Is this where you banged your knee?

821 - 840 of 1,005 Posts