Toyota GR Corolla Forum - Ownership Discussion banner
781 - 800 of 1,005 Posts
Isn't Walnut Creek in the same auto group as Toyota Marin? If so, I wouldn't be surprised if their MSRP deal also includes $13k of add ons.
They are and so is Sunnyvale. Marin seems to be the rebellious one. I did run the VIN of the one at Walnut Creek and someone is tracking it religiously so maybe the allocation is spoken for. I’ve seen Walnut Creek buy the first model and sell it as a used car for more than MSRP (they did this with the Launch Edition Supra) and they bought the A91-CF and had it wrapped and listed it for 10k over.

They are and so is Sunnyvale. Marin seems to be the rebellious one. I did run the VIN of the one at Walnut Creek and someone is tracking it religiously so maybe the allocation is spoken for. I’ve seen Walnut Creek buy the first model and sell it as a used car for more than MSRP (they did this with the Launch Edition Supra) and they bought the A91-CF and had it wrapped and listed it for 10k over.
Forgot Sunnyvale is part of them too. Did WC already get their first GRC? If they didn't, I'm sure they'll do what you just said and sell it as a used car.

Ohh awesome!! I’ll be driving around Rocklin and Roseville most of the time. Im actually hoping NorCal can get a meet going on one of these days!

Lol I’m 12th at Walnut Creek, 8th at One Toyota. Also 4th at Elk Grove. Not on the list at Sunnyvale Toyota. Those are all the MSRP dealers…there’s Toyota 101 in Redwood City but you have to live in the County there.

I found it much harder to work with MSRP dealers here back in 2021 when I was looking for the GR86, and had an even harder time with GRC. I found it way more easier to work with the smaller mark up dealers like Auburn and Chico.
I’m sure I will definitely see you around then! I work in Roseville. I was wondering who was gonna get the red GR in Chico.
I’ve lost count of how many lists I’m on to be honest. Lol.
Interesting enough Sunnyvale isn’t MSRP. at least when I spoke to them they weren’t. I got a call from them right after I picked mine up and I guess someone’s deposit fell through and the car was now up for grabs. $15k mark up though. Also when calling elk grove they told me they had a 10k mark up I believe. It’s interesting to me how depending on who you talk to at every dealership you get different information it seems.

• Wow
Reactions: Veloist
Just took delivery of my GRC this weekend! I’ve never worked and negotiated so hard to get a car - the California market is insane as I’ve now learned - but that makes this day that much more satisfying.

I’ve always been a sports car fan, but now I need a “dad car” with 4 doors, so this is me having the cake and eating it too. Still in the break-in period, but I can already tell this thing is special. It’s got the fizz.

I’m excited to be part of this community so early in its formation, and I can’t wait to meet some of y’all! SoCal meetup anyone?
Car Land vehicle Vehicle Sky Automotive lighting

Wheel Tire Sky Vehicle Car

Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Sky

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Sky

Just took delivery of my GRC this weekend! I’ve never worked and negotiated so hard to get a car - the California market is insane as I’ve now learned - but that makes this day that much more satisfying.

I’ve always been a sports car fan, but now I need a “dad car” with 4 doors, so this is me having the cake and eating it too. Still in the break-in period, but I can already tell this thing is special. It’s got the fizz.

I’m excited to be part of this community so early in its formation, and I can’t wait to meet some of y’all! SoCal meetup anyone? View attachment 6742
View attachment 6741
View attachment 6740
View attachment 6738
View attachment 6739
Congrats, looks killer in red man! The fizz is indeed there and is hella addicting.

I’m excited to be part of this community so early in its formation, and I can’t wait to meet some of y’all! SoCal meetup anyone? View attachment 6742
View attachment 6741
View attachment 6740
View attachment 6738
View attachment 6739
She looks sizzling and purty in the bright Cali skies... Treat and love her right... Can't wait to see Circuits hit the road in style...

I’m excited to be part of this community so early in its formation, and I can’t wait to meet some of y’all! SoCal meetup anyone?
Congrats. I really dig the red. I'm guessing you had to pay some markup? Last I saw Toyota of Lompoc had a pretty hefty ADM

I’m sure I will definitely see you around then! I work in Roseville. I was wondering who was gonna get the red GR in Chico.
I’ve lost count of how many lists I’m on to be honest. Lol.
Interesting enough Sunnyvale isn’t MSRP. at least when I spoke to them they weren’t. I got a call from them right after I picked mine up and I guess someone’s deposit fell through and the car was now up for grabs. $15k mark up though. Also when calling elk grove they told me they had a 10k mark up I believe. It’s interesting to me how depending on who you talk to at every dealership you get different information it seems.
Ohh awesome!! Yeah will most likely see you around!

Wow that’s crazy. Those were like the only MSRP dealers I was going to fall back on. I feel bad for the people who skipped on the Core model at those dealers because they might be thinking the wait is worth it because they can snag the Circuit at MSRP…

Forgot Sunnyvale is part of them too. Did WC already get their first GRC? If they didn't, I'm sure they'll do what you just said and sell it as a used car.
When I was tracking mine theirs was still in build but I remember it finally moved to freight like a week ago. No ETA though. I believe that black one is their first one. The VIN is an early VIN

Congrats. I really dig the red. I'm guessing you had to pay some markup? Last I saw Toyota of Lompoc had a pretty hefty ADM
Yeah, but someone backed out of their deposit on this one so I talked them down to 5k over. Even being on the list at Longo (but 80+ in line) and talking to basically every dealer in CA, 5k was the best I could find without being one of the very first on a list elsewhere. Absolute insanity. Maybe I’ll regret not waiting when prices settle down, but I’m super happy to have this car now. It’s awesome. Just gonna enjoy it and maintain it well and try to forget about markups

Yeah, but someone backed out of their deposit on this one so I talked them down to 5k over. Even being on the list at Longo (but 80+ in line) and talking to basically every dealer in CA, 5k was the best I could find without being one of the very first on a list elsewhere. Absolute insanity. Maybe I’ll regret not waiting when prices settle down, but I’m super happy to have this car now. It’s awesome. Just gonna enjoy it and maintain it well and try to forget about markups
If this car is truly from Lompoc, there is a funny story about this car.

The original person buying the car wanted to buy it to flip it. The forum caught wind of this and called the dealer to yoink the car out from under him. The car was then delisted from Craigslist.

You can read about the drama starting here:

I'm glad the car went to someone else. Congrats.

View attachment 6741
View attachment 6740
View attachment 6738
View attachment 6739
The legendary Craigslist car!!

Glad to see you snagged it my friend.

Congratulations! Great negotiating skills. These GRC are in such short supply and high demand. With such limited production - it don’t think it will get any better anytime soon. Each dealer will get 3 or 4 this year if they’re lucky. I’ve come to the realization that these will go for a premium. Anyone who can pick it up at MSRP have scored big time which is the exception and not the norm. These will be collector’s once Toyota stops producing them. Enjoy your new ride!

The original person buying the car wanted to buy it to flip it. The forum caught wind of this and called the dealer to yoink the car out from under him. The car was then delisted from Craigslist.

Yeah the salesman I worked with was actually very honest about it and told me the guy was trying to flip it and then backed out. I showed him that first Cars&Bids sale where that guy got burned. All tools to get a lower price haha

This is the story I was trying to recall. Too funny

781 - 800 of 1,005 Posts