Toyota GR Corolla Forum - Release Date, Specs, Pricing Discussion banner
761 - 780 of 836 Posts

· Registered
37 Posts
A longtime family friend owns a mobile detailing service and he has always recommended Adam's products to me. When I asked him about best DIY ceramic coatings, he again pointed me to Adam's. Apparently their graphene ceramic is super easy to put on and relatively durable given that it isn't a "real" ceramic as would be done by a professional.
Another post in this thread mentioned something similar. I think I'll forgo the expensive treatments and just bring the car home, do my own two bucket wash, clar bar, then use the Adams graphine spray. If I have reapply every 8-12 months, whatever, I'll just do that until I'm tired of it.

· Registered
25 Posts
I don't know how many folks have done this, but I just officially removed my deposit and got my refund. Was #3 at a smaller dealer (the only one of 6 dealerships I contacted that would add me at a realistically good position).
Not going to mention why you decided to do this? Going with a different option? Don't want to wait? No armrest....?

· Registered
27 Posts
Not going to mention why you decided to do this? Going with a different option? Don't want to wait? No armrest....?
Its a few things. #1 my current car is awesome (old 2006, but awesome awd manual Saabaru). #2 I wouldn't accept a Core so #3 there was no guarantee my small dealer would get a Circuit ever or even if they did there is no guarantee I would be the #1 position to buy it.
Some blah, blah, blah: I think a newer car would be very nice as long as it was as special as my current car. A Core isn't really special enough. I will still be on the lookout for a GRC in the future, but to buy one new off the lot is not a big priority. My only ever brand new car was also a limited edition Mazdaspeed and I bought that brand new for about 20% off MSRP so I know it sounds like the car market prices will be high forever, I have my doubts. I think there will be plenty of opportunity to buy these down the road. And if I'm wrong there are lots of other awd manual options from 2000-2020 to choose from. That was my take.

· Registered
‘93 MR2, ‘22 GR86, ‘23 GR Corolla
237 Posts
Congrats! Were they true to their MSRP word? Please tell me they were!
They weren’t an MSRP store, they were $2,500 over. (Based on my research they were the 2nd lowest mark-up in NorCal). They initially thought the manager wanted 3-5k over but because the first 4 people passed on this one (they wanted a different color or a Circuit) they decided to just do 2500 which is what they do on GR86’s and RAV4 Primes.

Edit: they were true to their word about 2500 over since the car was allocated to me

· Registered
67 Posts
They weren’t an MSRP store, they were $2,500 over. (Based on my research they were the 2nd lowest mark-up in NorCal). They initially thought the manager wanted 3-5k over but because the first 4 people passed on this one (they wanted a different color or a Circuit) they decided to just do 2500 which is what they do on GR86’s and RAV4 Primes.

Edit: they were true to their word about 2500 over since the car was allocated to me
Congrats!!!
Where in NorCal if you don’t mind me asking? I got mine here in NorCal as well. An hour north of Sacramento in a town called Yuba city. 4,500 mark up. Any mark up sucks but still better than I’ve seen other California dealers at $10k+… 🙄

· Registered
237 Posts
Congrats!!!
Where in NorCal if you don’t mind me asking? I got mine here in NorCal as well. An hour north of Sacramento in a town called Yuba city. 4,500 mark up. Any mark up sucks but still better than I’ve seen other California dealers at $10k+… 🙄
Thank you! Congrats to you again as well. I got it from Chico lol which is like 30 min North of Yuba City. Their list has 25 people. I put the deposit down April 8th and was 5th, hoping for a Circuit. 4500 isn’t bad for California and I’d argue it’s not bad at all and pretty average. Even outside of CA people are paying $10k+.

For what it’s worth, the 1st lowest Mark-Up I encountered in NorCal is Auburn Toyota at $1,295.00 Cilajet. However, I think the owner sold it to a friend and then employees would be next. They have like 100 people on their list.

· Registered
67 Posts
Thank you! Congrats to you again as well. I got it from Chico lol which is like 30 min North of Yuba City. Their list has 25 people. I put the deposit down April 8th and was 5th, hoping for a Circuit. 4500 isn’t bad for California and I’d argue it’s not bad at all and pretty average. Even outside of CA people are paying $10k+.

For what it’s worth, the 1st lowest Mark-Up I encountered in NorCal is Auburn Toyota at $1,295.00 Cilajet. However, I think the owner sold it to a friend and then employees would be next. They have like 100 people on their list.
Oh Chico! I think I’m still on that list. The non deposit one at least. Lol 😅😅
Didn’t expect you to say somewhere so close!
My girlfriend lives up there and I do that drive quite often. I hope to see you around! Have yet to see another GR in the wild.

As far as mark up goes the lowest I’ve heard of in NorCal is Walnut Creek. They are MSRP but the list is expectedly like 200+ people long. The salesman I spoke with said it’s not worth even getting on the list because they don’t think they will ever receive enough GRs to even get to me. Lol

· Registered
237 Posts
Oh Chico! I think I’m still on that list. The non deposit one at least. Lol 😅😅
Didn’t expect you to say somewhere so close!
My girlfriend lives up there and I do that drive quite often. I hope to see you around! Have yet to see another GR in the wild.

As far as mark up goes the lowest I’ve heard of in NorCal is Walnut Creek. They are MSRP but the list is expectedly like 200+ people long. The salesman I spoke with said it’s not worth even getting on the list because they don’t think they will ever receive enough GRs to even get to me. Lol
Ohh awesome!! I’ll be driving around Rocklin and Roseville most of the time. Im actually hoping NorCal can get a meet going on one of these days!

Lol I’m 12th at Walnut Creek, 8th at One Toyota. Also 4th at Elk Grove. Not on the list at Sunnyvale Toyota. Those are all the MSRP dealers…there’s Toyota 101 in Redwood City but you have to live in the County there.

I found it much harder to work with MSRP dealers here back in 2021 when I was looking for the GR86, and had an even harder time with GRC. I found it way more easier to work with the smaller mark up dealers like Auburn and Chico.

761 - 780 of 836 Posts