Toyota GR Corolla Forum - Release Date, Specs, Pricing Discussion banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Lexus IS350, 2007 Toyota Camry, 1995 Toyota MR2, 1996 Honda Acty
477 Posts
Oh mine will be a daily also haha it’s me plus my 4 legged child haha but she will have a backseat vs a passenger seat in my mkv 😂
The more I read the forum, the more I realize there are two crowds. Tuners like us and people that leave their cars factory. I honestly feel Toyota has put out a fantastic starting point for a build. Exciting times.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Kinda with you there. Always funny seeing people point out flaws or missing features and others responding with "ok get x car then instead" or wellbye.jpg. It doesn't have to be so black and white! People could have problems with the car and still be all in on one, too. Maybe it's strategic, to encourage others to drop their place in line 😏😅

At the end of the day I'm really happy that all these cars are so competitive with each other. There's something for everyone!
Truly we're in a golden age of sports cars. I'm happy that all of them are available. Ten years ago, we could only talk of Camrys and Priuses.

In decades to follow, people will look back on these cars like we do 90's JDM cars now.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Probably best to move this to a New Zealand specific thread.

There is a stunning GR86 JDM RZ version brand new on trade me for $66K but nobody has bought it and thats the only one in the country. Checkout that interior it makes the GRC for our region look terrible.

Because we have the full range of Hyundai cars here already from the i30N fastback AND the hatchback and even the Kona N I'm beginning to think we are simply not going to see the GRC hype here in NZ. Also now that 80% of new car sales here are Auto anyway, people here will simply buy a Golf R if they want AWD. The move to Euro cars in Auckland on my last visit was just shocking it was Mercedes and Audi and BMW just everywhere.
I'd avoid the Subaru RTV fest that is the GR86 right now.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.