Toyota GR Corolla Forum - Release Date, Specs, Pricing Discussion banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Super Moderator
725 Posts
Have to be honest here, this forum is full of people that hate on anything that’s not a GRC. None of us have one or driven one yet, yet you’re immediately discounting anything else that might also be good? Why, because the H symbol is the wrong one? The Performance N’s were overseen by the guy who brought many of the car communities favorite BMW M’s.

Love the comments about the Elantra N only winning because of the tires. It has 20+hp less and FWD, but sure that’s the only reason. Can’t give credit where credit is due that it’s keeping up on the track with cars 10k+ over it and have more power.

Seriously, if you’re going to call yourself a true car enthusiast be thankful of another company trying to keep this dying affordable performance car segment alive. If you don’t like the look of the car or the fact that it’s a Hyundai there’s no reason to continuously bash those folks that bought one or looking at it as an alternative, obviously it’s getting hype from reviewers also. The amount of clown emojis I see when anyone mention the N’s is embarrassing.

This is from a Honda and Subaru only owner, stop with the bashing and let’s all enjoy the segment competition while we still can. They all have their pros and cons, the GRC is far from perfect, that said I still want one.
People all over this forums sing the praises of the N models and plenty of other cars.

Are we all biased and probably extremely excited for this car? Sure. We don't crap on everything that isn't a GRC though. Hell, I'm a mod and I'm still considering a used Corvette or a new Elantra N over a GRC.

Since you're fairly new, I assume what you're seeing is Tronics stuff and responses to it. Tronic used to (and he'll admit it) sit around these forums bashing "wrong wheel drive" cars. One day he posts that he went and test drive an i30N and was a huge fan. People have been giving him shit since. He did a complete 180 on his views.

I for one, am glad we have one less "wrong wheel drive"-er in the world. But when you talk a bunch of shit, then 180 on yourself, you have to expect people to call you out on it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.