Toyota GR Corolla Forum - Release Date, Specs, Pricing Discussion banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Super Moderator
When they're revving the engines (at 1:50) and comparing exhaust notes, there is absolutely no comparison between the three cars, the Elantra N wins hands down, sounds amazing for a 4 cylinder, even a little better than the Veloster N.
I wish Toyota would have taking a page out of Hyundai's Playbook and put a nice active exhaust on the GR Corolla.
I mean just look at the GRC styling it's very aggressive, WRC rally car aggressive, and it deserves an aggressive exhaust in my opinion.
I'd easily pay $500 more for an actuve exhaust.
What a shame.
P.S. plus did anyone notice those sweet Elantra seats so nice compared to the core GRC Editions cloth ones
Toyota what are you thinking, econobox cloth seats in a $50,000 CDN car.
Unfortunately the Elantra N is such a butt ugly car, that's the real thing holding people back from buying it.
Now if Hyundai would bring the i30n to Canada that's a completely different ball game.
Would you rather buy the Elantra than the GR Corolla because of those sweet seats?

Super Moderator
Not much difference in the tires guys sorry. The P4S is better in the dry and worse in the wet than the P4.The age and condition of the tire would make the main difference.

Basically not interested in drag racing and the obsession with YouTubers and drags has stuffed manufacturers making manual cars. If you wanted the i30N to beat the the GR then there is the 8 speed DCT to shave off a whole second in the 0-60.

Pretty poor excuse about the Honda, I would have loved to see a proper independent time which everyone seems to avoid. I find it very suspicious that it did not happen here, how long does it take to put a new set of pads in.

You guys must be pissed you do not get the Hyundai i30N Hatchback and ours come with 19inch forged alloys and Pirelli P-Zero tires. Cost wise its a no contest, the GR has AWD but is worse in just about everything else you look at spec wise.
If you don't have any chance to get a GR Corolla, will the i30N gets your heart?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts